Dean Smith

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But still got bottlers in the team.

Think bottlers is a harsh maybe lazy way of analysing us

I think fans have less confidence and are shakier than the players are

The players look tired and a step off the fitness and conditioning more than nervous 

• Like 1

Starting line up was spot on. First half we played well, second half we need better. We need subs! Yes McGinn scores late on, but he was dead on his feet. 

You know what Burnley are going to do. It’s ball into striker they knock it wide and follow the cross. We’ve allowed them to do it. First half they were 442 and our midfield 3 had the space to run rings round them. Second half they changed it, and went to three in midfield closing our space. We needed to react to that, we didn’t.

• Like 1

I hope he’s given time. I’m sure he sees the same problems we do. It’s going to be a hard season but changing manager won’t help at any point IMO. We’d plunge straight down. I think we need to persevere and see where we come out in the end. 

• Like 1

Dominated the first 45 but second half again Dean leaves the changes to late. Trez comes on but only due to injury and Davis, as others have stated, was 20 minutes to late. 

Moving Jack out to the left and giving him a free role was a masterstroke.  Gives me hope that Dean has no problem changing it up when needed.  It's still early days and we seem to be up for every opponent. Can't really ask for much more.  17th is the goal and I still have faith Dean can get us there.  

• Like 1

The team felt better balanced today. I would stick with the formation next week but maybe switch Trezeguet/AEG and Connor/Douglas. Both of those are splitting hairs really but I just feel that it would provide better balance. I also think we will win our next two games.............but wtf do I know!

I'm over the moon Smith opted to push Jack further forward on account of our weakness in wide options. Hourihane deserved a chance, got it, and certainly had a strong first half.

Edited by AV82

Clearly a great coach. Looks where he's taken us from!

Utter crap under the anti-coach Bruce to a team that looks, at times, like they can coast to PL victories.

All his black marks are really odd. Seemingly easy to fix, but we're getting stubborn refusal thus far. Problems all the fans can see that Dean Smith can't.

• Formation is 4141, never changes, ever
  • Seven games until he's named the correct full backs. Still brought on Taylor, the worst player at the club
  • Refusal to make subs, either tactical or through fatigue

Burnley fans clearly think they robbed us. 

Watching the match now and I think we were quite good. We definately looked switched on today. 

Superb finish by Ghazi. Marvelous, Targett, Guilbert, McGinn - superb. 

Lots of positives to take from this. We just need a god damn striker. Until that point we have to get Trez and Ghazi into the box as much as possible. 

And McGinn's arse wighling pirouettes before taking a shot makes me happy. 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Starting line up was spot on. First half we played well, second half we need better. We need subs! Yes McGinn scores late on, but he was dead on his feet. 

You know what Burnley are going to do. It’s ball into striker they knock it wide and follow the cross. We’ve allowed them to do it. First half they were 442 and our midfield 3 had the space to run rings round them. Second half they changed it, and went to three in midfield closing our space. We needed to react to that, we didn’t.

I think there is an issue with selecting Wesley  atm.

Â