Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think he could have made some earlier changes, but that didn’t cost us. Burnley did better second half, but didn’t look that great tbh.

Our defence looks generally great but has switched off and been punished for almost every goal we’ve conceded this season. They need to cut it out. 

Didnt Targett and El Ghazi come off injured?  Making earlier changes might have buggered us more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not going to do its the Coaches fault or the players fault, simply I will say that if they don't get it right this season they must see that they will just be another bunch of villa players who we can get off the books and nobody wants just like the last lot.

I know it will hurt Jack being apart of that twice over, so he sees the ramifications of all that.

I have faith and I will till then end, I'm not going to go the route of blaming anyone this season, not considering everything you have to look at and take into account.

What ever is going on in the second half, there must be a way around it but I don't see it yet, maybe January can reveal that after we bring in who we bring in to tighten the errors up.

None of us have answers till January we can all say do this and do that or Smith or this player should of done that or this, it's not as easy as that at this level of football and you should all know it.

Look at West ham, got knocked out of the cup by Oxford imagine there fans and what they are saying.I see teams beating teams in the Premier again in a crazy way as they were in the championship while we were there.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

We had Benteke.

Massive difference.

Of course but in October 2012 Benteke was being criticised almost as much as Wesley is now!

Difference in those times is in 2012 Gabby and Bent were seen as reasonably good prem forwards still and Wiemann was also coming through so we had much more depth to rotate and give Benteke rests now and again.

Wesley has to start every game because we have no one else.

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Didnt Targett and El Ghazi come off injured?  Making earlier changes might have buggered us more.

And to me that makes more sense than anything, yet people on here going on about early changes.

Smith is getting to the point where no matter what he does he can't win against some on here no matter what he does.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 top 4 challengers, 3 teams with European ambitions and Burnley a solid midtable team

Pretty easy. Should gave got 21 points

I think it's been a pretty kind start to the season. Norwich already played Liverpool and Man. City for example. To be below them still is pretty disappointing. Must not lose one next week.

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

2 top 4 challengers, 3 teams with European ambitions and Burnley a solid midtable team

Interesting that you left out Bournemouth and Palace.

We aren't winning any of the so called "winnable" games.

Edited by villalad21

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Norwich then Brighton are 2 big games. If we don't pick up 4 points against them, the writing is on the wall, imo. 

I don't know

Were playing OK but with mistakes, keep our heads and find our feet and we should improve as the season progresses

The signs are there for it to go either way, unfortunately some fans have the doom and gloom out

Were 100x better than our last PL season and it's a weaker league 

Edited by villa4europe

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Obviously bear in mind the person you're replying to lives under a bridge...but...our fixtures haven't been overly tricky for me.

We've got a rotten run-in and if we're in the relegation zone with 6 or 7 left it'll be incredibly difficult to get out.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Norwich then Brighton are 2 big games. If we don't pick up 4 points against them, the writing is on the wall, imo. 

Doesn't really work like that. Winning against tough opposition and losing against poor opposition can easily happen. We just need patience. Wins will come. 

Subs are a big part of the problem. Hourihain was knackered at 65 and Wesley was ineffective. He must have seen this. Seems a little scared to bring off Wes although was an obvious choice to us fans. Davis struggles to score in a full game its baffling bringing him on with 5 to go every other game. Just taking the piss really.

Smith needs to learn faster, team sitting back in the second half yet again. Do we need a stronger manager?? We cant keep making the same mistakes, the board will be watching, an theres not much time to learn your trade in the prem as there was in  the lower leagues. If we dont improve hell be gone, this is not what the board would have been expecting after spending 150 million.

• Like 1

Well it's back to Fifa 20 for me, I'm having the same problem funny enough as Smith is having in the premier.

I play division rivals against real players and I go ahead and start winning and at some point I just lose the lead, I guess that's why I'm feeling sympathetic to out squad and management.

God knows what they have done to fifa 20 but it's a beast now, it's now tactical and it's about finding that space, not no sped up fifa 19 bomb the wings to win.

I'm sure we will sort the mess out, I know it hurts people, just bare with it, there is nothing we can do about it but watch it all unfold now, it's either that or go mad and if I do that my controller might end up the wall lol.

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's not the losses chap. It's the way we are giving the games away. Tottenham, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Crystal Palace now Burnley, have I missed anyone??

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Subs are a big part of the problem. Hourihain was knackered at 65 and Wesley was ineffective. He must have seen this. Seems a little scared to bring off Wes although was an obvious choice to us fans. Davis struggles to score in a full game its baffling bringing him on with 5 to go every other game. Just taking the piss really.

Smith needs to learn faster, team sitting back in the second half yet again. Do we need a stronger manager?? We cant keep making the same mistakes, the board will be watching, an theres not much time to learn your trade in the prem as there was in  the lower leagues. If we dont improve hell be gone, this is not what the board would have been expecting after spending 150 million.

Our team wasn't sitting back second half, I could see that, we made a couple of costly errors but we really did give it a good going.

I don't recall where MR Burnsley had a real spell where they threatened like we did, we just got caught out which was a real shame.

To me the football we played was much better that the previous two games we lost concentration to 10 men.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Jareth said:

DS came in less than a year ago - about 12 days short of a year. He took over a team built by potato head and one fit CB. He's now competing in the premier league and is a few mistakes short of midtable. Give him a fookin break. 

Wicked Jareth.

• Like 1

Â