Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Depends what your expectations are really. I think our squad is largely shit and nowhere near good enough for promotion therefore I’m not expecting much. 

Some on here think we have the best squad in the league and therefore think it’s all the managers fault. 

I hope we stick with him because we can’t just keep going through managers like we are doing now.

We need a long term plan and I’m backing Smith to be the one to deliver it.

Champion post..

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

The club is building a project and he'll create his own side in the summer, a lot younger and fitter who can play to his ways. 

Genuinely can't believe some want him out. I bet Norwich fans are pleased their board didn't make ridiculous decisions last season when things weren't going well, they're building something and they believe in it and just look where it's took them. 

I applaud your positivity, i am sure he has an idea of what he wants and where he wants to get to, I know many say this squad is a lot poorer than many think but Smith should still be able to build at the same time as utilising the players he has, their is enough talent available to do better than we have been performing of late.

People are alarmed not because everyone thinks we should be in the promotion race or even in the play offs, not because people think this horribly unbalanced team can be fixed quickly, but because we started under Dean playing positive pressing attacking football, with little defence, we now have a better defence and the from midfield to attack we have utterly fallen apart.

Grealish and Axel being injured doesn't account for the utter dross we have been playing in recent months, we get worse every week, our form is relegation form, there is an embarrassingly low level of confidence and fight in the team.

if we get our arse handed to us by the Dingles on Saturday there will be cabbage carnage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The idea isn't to keep Allardyce for 10 years.

You hire him he gets you promoted and stabilizes you in the prem, then you get someone in like Pellegrini that can take you to the next level.

then you pay him big money, he signs a load of overpaid lumps with no resale value. He also brings in his large backroom staff which costs clubs a small fortune

Then he plays shit football and then talks down to fans as if we are lucky to have him. **** No

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I want to give him an. Chance mate. But I’m really getting fed up of these performances. Just can’t do anything right. S3ending poor, midfield poor. No link up. No width, poor set plays, not enough support for Tammy. 

Not many positives and just getting worse. You would think after sat we would have some confidence but it was just as bad as the seventy minutes  on sat. Smith is struggling and bad. Even in his press conferences he looks lost and fed up.

Can't say as i blame him, i would be fed up of that squad as well, the majority can't do anything right..

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Thats 3 in 5 then, unless you aren’t counting the FA cup

The last 12 league games are up to and including the Baggies game.

The previous 5 games are Boro, Forest, Small Heath, Derby and Bolton. Four wins in those five games.

No, not counting the cup game.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The idea isn't to keep Allardyce for 10 years.

You hire him he gets you promoted and stabilizes you in the prem, then you get someone in like Pellegrini that can take you to the next level.

NervousIckyDog-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

For everyone getting on smiths back what do you want to do 

His hands are tied at the moment with what he has to work with. The sad fact is our squad just isn't very good, there is no pace or energy in this squad.

As the old saying goes rome wasn't built in a single transfer window

And anyone saying he has to make what he has better is talking shite 

As another old saying you can't polish a turd

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I definitely don’t want us to get rid of Smith, he has a big job ahead in the summer. 

But as I said before, he can’t keep doing the same thing over and over again. The team currently is very predictable. We play the same core players every week, in the same formation. 

I want to see us preparing for next year. So let’s see more of the youngsters, let’s see a variance in formations. 

We have the players to play 343 or 442. 

exactly this for me, im not part of this happy to be there brigade in the PL, i dont want to get promoted and then cheer when we're shit all season but scrape 17th, if we'd have won the playoffs last year we would be stinking the place out right now, if by some miracle (which lets face it comes in the shape of a dodgy barnet and tiny shin pads) we went up this year we would stink out the PL next season, we need a running jump, we need to sort ourselves out down here and then go up playing how we want to play, dont be desperate for promotion thinking we'll sort out all our problems after

• Like 1

Another awful performance. We really have been largely toilet for the past couple of months.

I'm bought into the whole long term vision and let Smith build something. But I still think he's doing a pretty crap job at this very moment.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some on here think we have the best squad in the league and therefore think it’s all the managers fault. 

Apparently, we did have the best squad in the league under the previous manager. Then this manager got appointed and suddenly the squad was shit.

Weird.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Two quality fullbacks who are fairly comfortable on the ball in the final third would make a world of difference for us. Having no threat whatsoever coming from those areas is rare nowadays.

I've lost track the amount of times I've said this is our biggest problem. I was sure if we only made 2 signings in the transfer window it would be decent LB and RB. If only the guy that had 4 transfer windows had sorted it out

• Like 1

In fairness your all right. Smith is doing a bang up job at little Villa and we should erect a statue in his honour at Villa. Its a good job Villa got him cause I dont want any hope or expectation in my season. Prefer to just write it off the season and next season. 

Wont give anyone at Villa a heart attack at winning so much this way too. League One probably is good idea too we can rebuild and push on after.

Come on Villa!!

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Seriously mate I don't want to hear another word about this Allardyce nonsense, not while Dunga is still available.

This talk of Allardyce and Dunga is seriously depressing me! One is shit and the other has the name to match it. Please don't joke about this any more guys - it's hurting me. 

Â