Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I’m not saying to sack him yet, however there is no doubt he has failed miserably so far

Depends what your expectations are really. I think our squad is largely shit and nowhere near good enough for promotion therefore I’m not expecting much. 

Some on here think we have the best squad in the league and therefore think it’s all the managers fault. 

I hope we stick with him because we can’t just keep going through managers like we are doing now.

We need a long term plan and I’m backing Smith to be the one to deliver it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The club is building a project and he'll create his own side in the summer, a lot younger and fitter who can play to his ways. 

Genuinely can't believe some want him out. I bet Norwich fans are pleased their board didn't make ridiculous decisions last season when things weren't going well, they're building something and they believe in it and just look where it's took them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

To be fair to Allardyce he did get West Ham promoted at his first attempt.

Like him or not, but he usually stabilizes clubs.

I'd take Rodgers over him though, but wouldn't mind Allardyce at this point.

Seriously mate I don't want to hear another word about this Allardyce nonsense, not while Dunga is still available.

• Haha 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Depends what your expectations are really. I think our squad is largely shit and nowhere near good enough for promotion therefore I’m not expecting much. 

Some on here think we have the best squad in the league and therefore think it’s all the managers fault. 

I hope we stick with him because we can’t just keep going through managers like we are doing now.

We need a long term plan and I’m backing Smith to be the one to deliver it.

I want to give him an. Chance mate. But I’m really getting fed up of these performances. Just can’t do anything right. S3ending poor, midfield poor. No link up. No width, poor set plays, not enough support for Tammy. 

Not many positives and just getting worse. You would think after sat we would have some confidence but it was just as bad as the seventy minutes  on sat. Smith is struggling and bad. Even in his press conferences he looks lost and fed up.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Genuinely can't believe some want him out. I bet Norwich fans are pleased their board didn't make ridiculous decisions last season when things weren't going well

It's not the defeats that is the issue for me. It's the manner of the defeats.

He's making us into a laughing stock at the moment.

What was it? 17-3 in shots in favor Brentford or something, embarrassing. Again not the defeat by itself that upsets me, it's the manner.

Edited by villalad21

18 minutes ago, hippo said:

Overall though we have made some shite managerial appts,  Garde, RDM, Sherwood,  - Thats why we are a graveyard we appoint shite managers. 

It's funny because for about 5 games or so, Sherwood had us playing some unbelievable football.

Just now, villalad21 said:

It's not the defeats that is the issue for me. It's the manner of the defeats.

He's making us into a laughing stock at the moment.

a laughing stock? We are in the CHampionship the media dont even care about us

We lost 8-0 on live TV a few years back and then lost 3-1 on TV to a 4th tier team. We were a laughing stock then now nobody cares

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, poitier said:

I won't judge Smith until he has brought his own players in over the summer, but you can't help but feel terribly disappointed in how little he is getting out of this team. I agree that it is a little strange to let so much of the young talent go out on loan, given that it was highly likely we would end up in this scenario where our season is already over and all we have is to try and build something for next season.

The commentator said that Smith signed ten of the starting team for Brentford, so I'm hopeful that given the summer to rebuild we will see much improvement.

The problem is, shouldn’t a decent manager be able to get a tune out of the players he has? I’m not saying win the league or anything, but be as terrible as we are? It’s not going to work if he needs to sign 7 or 8 players in the summer to make us competitive. Because we simply won’t be signing that many players.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Alladryce would be enough to apply the finishing touch to my waning interest in football. Lets speak no more of it.

The idea isn't to keep Allardyce for 10 years.

You hire him he gets you promoted and stabilizes you in the prem, then you get someone in like Pellegrini that can take you to the next level.

17 minutes ago, Merson08 said:

Managing Villa and being a fan of Villa is a pinnacle of ya career. Not big balls for taking the job on. 

Were Villa. Not a piss pot team.

The whole "Were Villa" thing is pure hubris imo.

Were not a piss pot team i agree and we have a great history, but we haven't done anything of note for a while now and i think the sooner the fans start to realise the harsh reality of the situation we find ourselves in thanks to the idiotic decisions made by the club and get behind the manager the sooner we can move forward and try and build something for the future.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

The problem is, shouldn’t a decent manager be able to get a tune out of the players he has? I’m not saying win the league or anything, but be as terrible as we are? It’s not going to work if he needs to sign 7 or 8 players in the summer to make us competitive. Because we simply won’t be signing that many players.

No cause next seasons excuses are already ready. He needs another season for team to gel. 

• Like 1

Â