Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Growing up in the New Forest - the vast majority of my pals were Saints fans, so they are my "second team" and I always want to see them do well and want to see them win.... UNLESS its against the Villa...

Dean Smith is essentially my managerial equivalent...

I'd LOVE to see him turn it around at Naarch, stay up, prove everyone wrong etc etc etc...

The only positive result I dont want him to have is against us...

Being Norwich manager is going to be a thankless job for him this season. They just don't have the quality to stay up. Best case scenario for Smith would be to make them more competitive, grind out some decent results here and there to get everyone pulling in the same direction to build a base for promotion next season.

The issue is, as it has been for a while at Norwich, they just don't have good enough financial backing to be sustainable in the Premier League, unless they recruit very smartly. The good thing for them is that Dean does have a good eye for talented young players (Konsa, Watkins). 

7 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Being Norwich manager is going to be a thankless job for him this season. They just don't have the quality to stay up. Best case scenario for Smith would be to make them more competitive, grind out some decent results here and there to get everyone pulling in the same direction to build a base for promotion next season.

The issue is, as it has been for a while at Norwich, they just don't have good enough financial backing to be sustainable in the Premier League, unless they recruit very smartly. The good thing for them is that Dean does have a good eye for talented young players (Konsa, Watkins). 

He wouldn't be able to afford a Konsa or a Watkins at Norwich. That is the issue. 

Unless they sell someone at huge profit. They barely spend any net. 

37 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can see him losing the dressing room quickly. It’s not happened yet, but it will. 

You can't lose the dressing room at Norwich they are nobodies.

As for fighting for him. Pukki Cantwell Williams they've got about as much physicality as my mom after 7 gins.

They're absolute dire. I don't care about Delia's net worth and it's a 'small club'....they've gone into the season twice now with zero attempt to even compete.

Get out and don't come back.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You can't lose the dressing room at Norwich they are nobodies.

As for fighting for him. Pukki Cantwell Williams they've got about as much physicality as my mom after 7 gins.

They're absolute dire. I don't care about Delia's net worth and it's a 'small club'....they've gone into the season twice now with zero attempt to even compete.

Get out and don't come back.

And take your Xmas turkeys with ya, we don’t want them em’ , It’s shite and too dry .

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I can see him losing the dressing room quickly. It’s not happened yet, but it will. 

He didn’t lose a dressing room at Villa with much bigger personalities. Norwich players have no toys to throw away

1 hour ago, JoshVilla said:

DS might have a good eye for talent BUT Norwich cant afford them.I really dont know why any manager would go to Norwich,there is no way ANYONE can keep them in the PL with the $$$ they spend.

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thought they were much better against Man U than against us but maybe thats because we pressed them more. They look like a team accepting relegation already. Not sure Smith was the right man to keep them up. 

I don't think anyone keeps this squad up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thought they were much better against Man U than against us but maybe thats because we pressed them more. They look like a team accepting relegation already. Not sure Smith was the right man to keep them up. 

The job wasn't to keep them up though 

Â