Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, mykeyb said:

Still don't understand why he took the Norwich job

On the rebound and believed he was good enough to keep them up. Can see him being sacked at the end of the season.

42 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Today's game for Norwich could be Dean's fifth straight defeat in charge. Not likely to cost him his job this time, of course, but you have to feel for the bloke. Surely he hasn't had this kind of run in his managerial career before.

Hard to feel for him when I think he made a huge mistake taking the Norwich job at that point. Someone should have told him to take a little break and recharge.

• Like 2

Got to feel for Deano. I love the guy but I think taking the Norwich job was a mistake.

Not often you do a really good job and then take a massive step down.

He probably wasn't getting a job as good as Villa again, but after the job he did here he could have been in the running for much better prem gigs, either during the season or in the summer. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

Got to feel for Deano. 

I don’t, it was his decision to take the job. He no doubt wanted to prove a point and felt he was good enough to keep them up. 

Also hard to feel sorry for someone who gets paid handsomely to win football matches. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yup.

Could go the way of Lambert this.

Said it when he was manager, when he leaves he will disappear down the leagues.

It’s not just true of the likes of Lambert though.

Atkinson, Little, Gregory. All of them did well here and subsequently disappeared down the leagues.

Edit - I suppose Atkinson didn’t find himself in the Championship (Division 1), but he took Forest there and he certainly didn’t have a higher profile job after leaving us.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

This will go down well……I always thought Farke was a better manager than Dean. He did really well with what he had at Norwich. Replacing him was always going to be very difficult. I really wish Dean had left it well alone.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

This will go down well……I always thought Farke was a better manager than Dean. He did really well with what he had at Norwich. Replacing him was always going to be very difficult. I really wish Dean had left it well alone.

I'll be interested to see where he ends up next, he did a very good job with the resources he had in the Championship, but is it enough for him to get given a crack at another PL team? Probably not. Maybe one of the teams that fails in the play offs.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'll be interested to see where he ends up next, he did a very good job with the resources he had in the Championship, but is it enough for him to get given a crack at another PL team? Probably not. Maybe one of the teams that fails in the play offs.

I think he will end up back at Norwich at some stage. They were really well suited.

I've no sympathy for someone sacked with a £2 million pay off jumping straight back into management, to the worst job in the Prem. Villa must have been draining, shoulda took some time off with the family, especially over Christmas. Not so long ago he was earning 45k a year with Walsall living in Great Barr. Go and chill out with ya millions for a couple of months for gods sake.

• Like 4

Â