Dean Smith

Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His record v 10 men must be one of the worst around at top level. 

Norwich will probably go on another losing run if they get beaten tonight.

This is pretty much like us away at Sheff U last season. Lose one nil with them down to ten men.

• Like 1

Good result for us. Hopefully a confidence smasher for Naaarwich and Toon to keep em down there. Love Dean and all but sooner Norwich gets relegated than us.

It is uncanny how Smiths flaws have followed him. Poor subs and didn't adjust against 10 men. Very familiar.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Took them up 2 places in 3 games. Quite impressive since it was called a suicide mission by some

Worrying part for them is they could and probably should have 9 points from 9

Edited by Zatman

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Took them up 2 places in 3 games. Quite impressive since it was called a suicide mission by some

Worrying part for them is they could and probably should have 9 points from 9

It’s also a good sign in that they are in with a chance of winning games…he still has 5 points from 3, and still within touching distance of Watford and Southampton.  Norwich are a poor quality squad but if he can get Gilmour, Cantwell and Rashica going and gets goals from Pukki they have an outside chance of surviving.

Some positives, like they haven’t conceded a goal from open play for 266 minutes.  Considering they were fair game conceding 26 goals for the first 11 games, it’s a good building block.

The Clark red card changed everything. Stupid stupid player. I really believe Newcastle would have won that if they had 11 men all game. Norwich I wasnt very impressed with. The keeper gifted them the equaliser and didnt really create much until the final few minutes. 

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Same interview as when he was with us. Basically need to move the ball quicker against 10 men. We know that. You know that. They know that.

Why cant you implement that?

Definitely more difficult to do with Norwich than Villa

12 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Good result for us. Hopefully a confidence smasher for Naaarwich and Toon to keep em down there. Love Dean and all but sooner Norwich gets relegated than us.

It is uncanny how Smiths flaws have followed him. Poor subs and didn't adjust against 10 men. Very familiar.

I don't know why some on here are fixating on teams below us doing badly. We aren't getting relegated. Smith wasn't getting us relegated, and Gerrard won't get us relegated. Far too much quality in the squad, and we have money to spend in January.

I'd love to see Norwich stay up. That was a 2 points dropped game in the end for Smith.

Possibly the issue Smith's teams have against 10 men is the reluctance to play very aggressively on the transition. I noticed they were knocking it around the back 4, when a more aggressive pass from a defender into midfield would have probably seen them in a lot of space.

If you don't play quick on the transitions, then the man advantage disappears, because the 10-man team can just drop into defensive shape, and the lack of an extra man up top doesn't really cause them problems.

• Like 3

Â