Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He's left. You don't have to still be bitter 

Im not bitter,because as you say,hes left.I am just stating my opinion.IMHO Jack did all the things that DS gets credit for.I also happen to think that Norwich will go down and not come up ( not with DS anyway ) That is my opinion of DS and ONLY TIME will show us all if I am/was right/wrong.In the mean time,thats my opinion,ok ?!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Im not bitter,because as you say,hes left.I am just stating my opinion.IMHO Jack did all the things that DS gets credit for.I also happen to think that Norwich will go down and not come up ( not with DS anyway ) That is my opinion of DS and ONLY TIME will show us all if I am/was right/wrong.In the mean time,thats my opinion,ok ?!

So Jack has also to be credited for Norwich unbeaten run plus Villa win at Old Trafford this season? 

Obviously Grealish is the sole reason Villa were promoted, which is why Villa were also promoted in both the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons.

And he’s also the reason why we stayed up in the premier league during the 15/16 season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So Jack has also to be credited for Norwich unbeaten run plus Villa win at Old Trafford this season? 

As far as Norwich unbeaten run goes,again it looks like I look at it differently to most others.They won their fitst game under DS ( I put that down to having won their last game uunder Farke and the new manager bounce ) The new manager bounce lasted exactly 1 game because they drew against Wolves and in their last game they managed a draw against a team that has not won all season,were down to 10 men and were playing away.

As far as our win at ManUre goes,I wont go into detail because I have done that in the DS thread,when he was our manager.Lets just say that it dosent matter how good/bad a manager is they will always lose/win some games but as I said above.Dont take my word for it.Take a note of this post and this thread and you can apoligise to me sometime later.

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

As far as Norwich unbeaten run goes,again it looks like I look at it differently to most others.They won their fitst game under DS ( I put that down to having won their last game uunder Farke and the new manager bounce ) The new manager bounce lasted exactly 1 game because they drew against Wolves and in their last game they managed a draw against a team that has not won all season,were down to 10 men and were playing away.

As far as our win at ManUre goes,I wont go into detail because I have done that in the DS thread,when he was our manager.Lets just say that it dosent matter how good/bad a manager is they will always lose/win some games but as I said above.Dont take my word for it.Take a note of this post and this thread and you can apoligise to me sometime later.

30 shots conceded as well. Unbelievable.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Brave guy predicting that the team bottom of the league when Dean took over would be relegated by season end. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Brave guy predicting that the team bottom of the league when Dean took over would be relegated by season end. 

Ok then.I will go one further.Norwich will go down and DS will not be able to get them back up again,hows that ?

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Embarrassing post and obviously have some hatred or agenda against Smith. Did he piss you off that he got us promoted or to a cup final or was it the comfortable mid table finish 

I ( obviously wrongly ) thought that everyone here was entitled to their owne opinion.I have always thought that DS was/is not a good manager right from after he manager us for the first 6 months.I dont hate him,I dont dislike him,I am just glad that we are rid of him and have got what IMHO is a proper manager.Unlike you guys I live 12,000 miles away and I only get to watch the games,I dont listen to manager interviews or get to listen to him on the radio.Australia is not soccer mad so I just watch Villa on TV and the Villa I am watching now is vastly different to the Villa I used to watch under DS.Maybe you guys are too close to the forest to see the trees,I dont know.Im just enjoying my football better under SG than I did under DS.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Same interview as when he was with us. Basically need to move the ball quicker against 10 men. We know that. You know that. They know that.

Why cant they implement that?

FTFY

Agree with KV no one had the bollocks to play an aggressive or adventurous pass, it was safety first, easy 5 yard pass over the more difficult 10 yard pass, I thought gilmour was really poor, kept the ball moving but it was so ponderous

Not sure if that is Smith or player ability or player confidence or the ghost of farke 

Sometimes there are just things in football that are so blindingly obvious to us as fans watching it that I can't imagine that Smith with all his badges and experience can't see what we can see, they needed to play quicker, they needed to push the full backs further up, I struggle believing that Smith didn't tell them that, I don't struggle with the idea that the players weren't good enough to do it

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think most teams do. The famous Bruce axiom "it's almost harder to play against 10 men" might have some truth to it.

Its not that easy. Stats for the teams around us would be very interesting 

Just now, PussEKatt said:

I ( obviously wrongly ) thought that everyone here was entitled to their owne opinion.

They are, of course. And also, there's no need for anyone to apologise for having a different opinion is there?

40 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Take a note of this post and this thread and you can apoligise to me sometime later.

Meant in a kind way - I'm not having a go, but if people generally were more understanding that posters just write down what they think and are accepting of different views existing, it might be a nicer place?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I think most teams do. The famous Bruce axiom "it's almost harder to play against 10 men" might have some truth to it.

It is

The team with 10 naturally sit deeper, they give you space where they know you can't hurt them, in norwichs case it was central midfield 

If the team with 10 stay disciplined, compact the box and you can't stretch them then what else can you do? 

I'm sure in the Sheffield utd game we did what Norwich didn't do last night, we got it wide quick but even then Sheffield still just put 6 defenders in the box gave our winger space and said go on then pick Watkins out... And we couldn't, you then have the ball 30 to 40 yards out from goal and they say go on then have a shot... With 6 defenders and the keeper to try and blast the ball through, you would think that the team with 10 would tire but if they don't press and barely counter then that's not going to happen 

I'm not sure why it's considered a given that you should beat 10 men, I would guess that it's more because it's based on what Norwich didn't do or what Aston villa didn't do, there's no consideration to what Newcastle did or Sheffield utd did

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It is

The team with 10 naturally sit deeper, they give you space where they know you can't hurt them, in norwichs case it was central midfield 

If the team with 10 stay disciplined, compact the box and you can't stretch them then what else can you do? 

I'm sure in the Sheffield utd game we did what Norwich didn't do last night, we got it wide quick but even then Sheffield still just put 6 defenders in the box gave our winger space and said go on then pick Watkins out... And we couldn't, you then have the ball 30 to 40 yards out from goal and they say go on then have a shot... With 6 defenders and the keeper to try and blast the ball through, you would think that the team with 10 would tire but if they don't press and barely counter then that's not going to happen 

I'm not sure why it's considered a given that you should beat 10 men, I would guess that it's more because it's based on what Norwich didn't do or what Aston villa didn't do, there's no consideration to what Newcastle did or Sheffield utd did

I've watched Leicester a few times against 10 men and they always take full advantage of it.

Just keeping the ball. Being patient. Wearing the opponent out and suffocating them. Usually wins with a few goals.

Maybe Dean should phone Brendan for some advice.

Edited by villalad21

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

But conversely, going down to 10 men ourselves seems to be practically a death sentence for us.

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've watched Leicester a few times against 10 men and they always take full advantage of it.

Just keeping the ball. Being patient. Wearing the opponent out and suffocating them. Usually wins with a few goals.

Leicester Southampton last season cost them Champions League. 80 minutes vs 10 men

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leicester are a better team than Norwich and villa vs 11 men let alone vs 10

I bet man City are decent vs 10 men too

Â