Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No way were we statistically one of the best teams in England. Or whatever it was. 

Why

I kind of believe it. We kept a record number of clean sheets and we had a good showing in expected goals. The first half of the season I absolutely believe it. 

Just because we know we fell apart a bit in the last few months doesn't necessarily mean the stats would've been bad for the season.

Statistically I can believe it, I'm sure Brighton were the same but stats don't show the whole story and that's evident with our league position

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Why

I kind of believe it. We kept a record number of clean sheets and we had a good showing in expected goals. The first half of the season I absolutely believe it. 

Just because we know we fell apart a bit in the last few months doesn't necessarily mean the stats would've been bad for the season.

Statistically I can believe it, I'm sure Brighton were the same but stats don't show the whole story and that's evident with our league position

Brighton were 13th mate. Something well dodgy about those stats to have us 3rd.

1 minute ago, P.O.B said:

Sky Sports Interview with Dean

It sounds like he learnt he was being sacked by text:

Saw that. Hope it was a text to set up the meeting/call. Would be poor if they actually fired him over text. 

On the interview it doesn't look like their are any poor feelings. Seems like he has welcomed the change of scenery as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Saw that. Hope it was a text to set up the meeting/call. Would be poor if they actually fired him over text. 

On the interview it doesn't look like their are any poor feelings. Seems like he has welcomed the change of scenery as well. 

This is what I'm hoping too. Although even that is a bit brutal and cold. 

I don't think we'd actually sack him over text as that's pretty poor. 

4 hours ago, P.O.B said:

Sky Sports Interview with Dean

It sounds like he learnt he was being sacked by text:

I suspect it was for a meeting. Saw interview with lampard recently and he woke to a text asking him to move training to the afternoon and come in for a morning meeting at Chelsea. Probably exactly the same with deano 

36 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I suspect it was for a meeting. Saw interview with lampard recently and he woke to a text asking him to move training to the afternoon and come in for a morning meeting at Chelsea. Probably exactly the same with deano 

I think that is the type of text Dean received. It sounds harsh but these managers have stipulations on how much they paid upon sacking. So yeah Dean lost his dream gig but I'm sure he got super nice severance on the way out. 

5 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Legally I'm not sure they'd be allowed to sack him over text

Like others have said he won't be daft, probably got a text that told him without telling him 

As for the change of scenary I wonder what kind of weight is lifted off his shoulders, he would have wanted villa to do well no doubt about that and I'm sure Norwich is a different kind of stress

8 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Can’t see him keeping them up. They’re a poor side. 

I think they do as well as could be expected, they are mostly championship players. Hope for Dean that they stay up. Burnley have had their 15 minutes, everyone wants newcaslte gone and Leeds are sinking like a ship, come on Deano.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh Dean, just why?  Should’ve waited for an upper championship team, got them promoted and then maybe even be backed in the transfer market.

I agree, needed to have waited. Too soon going Norwich. Still back him. 

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Oh Dean, just why?  Should’ve waited for an upper championship team, got them promoted and then maybe even be backed in the transfer market.

On the rebound?

Â