Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I'm starting to think he's reached his level now and if we're wanting to improve we need to move on.   For too many games we've not managed to do the basics and that's down to one man.

That next international break is not far away and you would assume this would be the week anything could happen.

I love Dean and in my dream scenario he is the guy that leads us to the top.

At the moment this team and management are leading us towards a relegation battle.

For our still relatively new owners, this could be the biggest few weeks of their time here. 

I pray they get it right. To be honest I have no idea what should be done right now.

6 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

That's the problem, if we string out wins here and there and he keeps his job because of it it's even worse.

I never want my team to lose 7 or 8 in a row but right now if that's what it takes to have a change I think I want it. I just don't trust this manager any more.

We are now 8 points down on last season and been hammered by a very average team that Palace should have beaten just 4 days ago. Even the extra 2 days rest has done nothing for us.

Smith won't take us any further and we're not even standing still, we';re going backwards.

I generally agree, I just don't think the owners will be that knee jerk, based on the backing they gave him at a couple of points in 19/20.

Current standard of performance isn't going to be winning us many games though. Looks like the Hause header at OT will be highlight of season (and Everton second half).

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

That next international break is not far away and you would assume this would be the week anything could happen.

At the moment this team and management are leading us towards a relegation battle.

For our still relatively new owners, this could be the biggest few weeks of their time here. 

I pray they get it right. To be honest I have no idea what should be done right now.

I think the international break is the last thing we need, its been part of our problem

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

He’s been a very good manager for us who will rightly come under pressure if results and performances don’t improve.

I fear that the top quality manager that you’re after may not be tempted by the project at Villa and the “talented squad” that to me still looks paper thin.

I think there's talent in this squad that he isn't getting the best out of. We probably need some personnel changes at the back and in CM but there is talent for another manager to work with.

I'm not in denial that we need further investment though. Players like Targett (for example) are bang average despite last season pulling the wool over our eyes. Smith picks Tuanzebe every week too but I've never understood why as I think he's a poor player.

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Pretty much sums up where I’m at with it. 

They had no plan for Grealish leaving and (see kit launch) it’s derailed us. 

Ive said it a million times before. Smith struggles without Grealish and it’s been like that since day dot.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the international break is the last thing we need, its been part of our problem

Don't think it's anything to do with what we need but if any changes are to be made this is 100 % the most sensible time to make it

He’s a bit clueless at the moment … He doesn’t appear to have the skill set to adapt the tactics to the players we have so far this season. Need to stop the rot ASAP and find a rhythm and way of playing to get the best out of Bailey and Buendia and shore up the defence. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

Thing he believed all the hype and plaudits  we got for the Chelsea.  Most ridiculous reaction to a defeat in a long while. you start 'taking the positives' from defeats - your on a slippy path.  

This formation is killing all progress made over the last 3 years. If he can’t drop see that and drop one of Watkins or Ings then he needs a serious word in his ear about his future at the club. 

Â