Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

My wife’s sexual appetite for me has been regressing since the day we got married. Should she be sacked and replaced?........actually you might be on to something Villalad.

Choice of women for you mate to replace her with

Remembered this from last year 🤢

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/5569879/premier-league-managers-faceapp/

mgr women.JPG

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Some great comedy last few pages.

There is, but it’s starting to regress now so I think the thread needs closing. 

In fact VT should probably close as there’s been less traffic this morning than yesterday. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If Liverpool finish outside of the top 4 Klopp should be sacked imo.

I feel sorry for you, no matter how well Villa do any success will be fleeting to you but you’ll have decades of being unhappy

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I feel sorry for you, no matter how well Villa do any success will be fleeting to you but you’ll have decades of being unhappy

Yeah but Leeds might have some success.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah but Leeds might have some success.

I was thinking the same but after 96m summer spend and now four losses in the last six, I don’t know how that fits into his regression thinking.  

Maybe his love for Bielsa and loyalty to Leeds may cloud his judgment but I guess we’ll see when he reacts to this post.  If he doesn’t then I guess he’s giving Leeds a pass...

Edited by nick76

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Just for reference where we were at this time last season when the league paused due to Covid.

19  t7.png Aston Villa 28 -22 25

So we have regressed regression?

Or are we now in a third cycle of regressed the regressed regression?  

This is getting complicated.

39 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is what I can’t get my head around.  If Supporting villa gave me that much dissatisfaction and on top of that I  lived on the other side of the world. I’d just pick another team!   I heard that city team ain’t too bad. They got some good forums too.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is what I can’t get my head around.  If Supporting villa gave me that much dissatisfaction and on top of that I  lived on the other side of the world. I’d just pick another team!   I heard that city team ain’t too bad. They got some good forums too.

When I lived in Australia for awhile before I came back to Brum we were in a bad place but I was never as dissatisfied then as he seems to be when we are doing the best we have in a decade and had growth 3 seasons on the trot and until a couple months back we were playing some of the best football in the country but a bit of dip in form which has its reasons and he’s commenting like he is.  Although he’s never been a Smith fan from day one.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, nick76 said:

When I lived in Australia for awhile before I came back to Brum we were in a bad place but I was never as dissatisfied then as he seems to be when we are doing the best we have in a decade and had growth 3 seasons on the trot and until a couple months back we were playing some of the best football in the country but a bit of dip in form which has its reasons and he’s commenting like he is.  Although he’s never been a Smith fan from day one.

Reading my post back it was probably a bit unfair. Once you pick your team I guess you’ve with them through thick and thin regardless where you are from. But this guy is never going to be happy until Smith is gone and it’s real shame to have to read about it all the time. (Ignore doesn’t work because he keeps getting quoted).

I remember last season after the cup final. We were a shit team and didn’t have a hope but I was proud of the fight of the players up to the final whistle. It was a great day out at Wembley and I left the stadium content (and very drunk).  I logged on VT that night and his comment was some negative shit about how poorly we played and how crap we are. That’s when I thought this guy will never understand what supporting this team means.

Anyway Its a bit of a challenging time for Smith with the poor form but no way near as bad as last season and he got us through it.  He’ll do the same again, (with help from Jack of course).  He will also be learning about his players and will know where we need to continue to improve in the summer.  

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If however you're one of those weird people who likes trolling on the internet, having the same people react over and over again and not learning it's exactly what you want, getting page after page of attention, then this is the perfect place.

PEOPLE, FOR THE LOVE OF ARSE, PUT HIM ON IGNORE

You're absolutely right. I feel dirty everytime I reply, knowing I'm giving him the desperate attention he craves. I think it's probably about time I use the ignore function. 

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

But nick, its a bit more than just a dip in form, that is a euphemism imo.

The football is pants right now, and it has not been for a couple of games either.

We can all report on games or ignore them and keep dining out on the good games and the season as a whole.....but IF we want to progress, we need to be more consistent and replicate the form that got the media excited.....we have gone back to last seasons form and we need to snap out of it.

Dean needs to find a reason, why we are not now playing some of the best football in the country, its not just a cycle.....there are good reasons, if folk care to look for them.

• Like 1

I would respectfully ask this question.....outside of Jack, how many players do we have that put fear in to the opposition.?

How many of our players do the opposition fear us before kick off?

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would respectfully ask this question.....outside of Jack, how many players do we have that put fear in to the opposition.?

I think the better question is how many of our players are top 8 or 10 quality, rather than putting "fear" in opponents, there can be some very good players who dont put "fear" in to opponents, although on balance i agree we need X players who are top 8/10 quality, and then X of them able to cause "fear" within other teams.

So to answer both, personally i think:

Villa players who other clubs might "fear":                                  Grealish, and to a much lesser degree Traore (on his day).

Villa Players who are top 8/10 quality:                                         Martinez, Konsa, Cash, Grealish.

Villa players who may be 8/10 quality, but defo 8/10 squad:  Targett, Mings, Sanson, Luiz, Traore, Watkins.

Villa players who are top 8/10 squad players:                            Heaton, McGinn, Wesley.

Villa players defo not any of the above:                                       Steer, Engels, Hause, Taylor, Guilbert, Elmo, Nakamba, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Davis.

I wont include any youth development players like Ramsey, as a) they need time, and b) we dont know their ceiling yet i dont think.

Edited by MaVilla

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think for opposition strikers our entire defence and goalkeeper must be quite scary.

Â