Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We've had a drop off in results because of Grealish's injury, if he'd have been fit it's no exaggertion to suggest that we could have easily won the last three games and posssibly have got something from the Leicester game as well, hopefully we improve on his return, should give the whole team a psychological lift.

Don't forget Cash being injured as well so we have been impacted on both wings, as well as Barkley's early retirement.  You're normally a bit more optimistic and pragmatic than the last couple of posts.

It's not about 'should being ahead of Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester & Everton', it's about should be doing better than getting just getting three points from games against Newcastle, Sheffield United, Burnley home and way, and Brighton home and away, that's three points from a possible eighteen, even if we'd have just taken half of those eighteen points, we'd be six points better off now, and regardless of whether we should be better off than them or not we'd be above Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I see Smith's little pets are out in force again, Smith has hardly performed a miracle, had one of the strongest squads ever in the championship, and has spent £200m plus since promotion and in addition to that already had in Grealish a £100m plus player to work with. And yet despite the money spent we're still just not very good without captain Grealish, which whether people like or not the stats bear out.

Killer Queen Advice GIF by NETFLIX

• Haha 3

Just now, useless said:

It's not about 'should being ahead of Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester & Everton', it's about should be doing better than getting just getting three points from games against Newcastle, Sheffield United, Burnley home and way, and Brighton home and away, that's three points from a possible eighteen, even if we'd have just taken half of those eighteen points, we'd be six points better off now, and regardless of whether we should be better off than them or not we'd be above Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.

Yes, and the games you've mentioned we've played badly. They were bad results! 

We deserved to draw/lose and Smith said so after most of those games.

Does that mean he should be sacked? That all the games we don't win are his fault?

No and definitely not are your answers to those questions.

18 hours ago, useless said:

We started this season so well in part because we were on a high after ending last season well, we don't want the opposite to happen next season, that is for this season to end poorly and for that form to continue into next season, that's what happened to Sheffield United. We need to try and finish as strongly as possible, at least try and fight for a top half finish.

It's should teach people a lesson for not noticing this really good point I made yesterday.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

As you like quoting yourself to pat yourself on the back for 'good opinions' I'll remind you of what you said in the summer:

So to clarify your viewpoint:

• Smith had one of the strongest squads ever in the championship
  • We wont become a midtable team without sacking him because other teams will strengthen too
  • Anyone who thinks we will finish midtable with Smith is naive
  • We're now top half, despite you not believing it possible and...you're furious?

well done ok GIF by funk

15 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

As you like quoting yourself to pat yourself on the back for 'good opinions' I'll remind you of what you said in the summer:

• We wont become a midtable team without sacking him because other teams will strengthen too
  • We're now top half, despite you not believing it possible and...you're furious?

Prince Harry Mic Drop GIF

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

EDIT, forget it.

Great, great post.

Edited by Tomaszk

42 minutes ago, useless said:

We've had a drop off in results because of Grealish's injury, if he'd have been fit it's no exaggertion to suggest that we could have easily won the last three games and posssibly have got something from the Leicester game as well, hopefully we improve on his return, should give the whole team a psychological lift.

We started to play crap before Grealish got injured. It's easy but lazy to just put it down to Jack's absence.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Incredible work 👏

I never actually said that 'Anyone who thinks we will finish midtable with Smith is naive ', so that's a lie, a misquote, and doesn't 'clariy my viewpoint' at all

I said anyone who thinks that we'll improve that much with just four new signings and keeping Smith is naive, but I also said we can improve by keeping Smith and signing more players of better quality than we already have, which is exactly what happened, so not sure what quoting that post is trying to prove.

Also bearing in mind that post was made on July 21s before we'd even made any signings, and was written in responce to people saying that we only needed four new players.

3 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I don't agree. The team should not be excused for that performance, and that is what that comment does. We played poorly the entire match against an equally poor team. Yes, thanks to a lucky goal we should have held on for all the points. And yes, we were as usual, profligate in front of goal, and should have put some of those chances away. But I would say that if anything, Newcastle should have won.

I didn’t say we deserved to win, I said we should have won. As we were winning with 10 seconds left to play , I think that’s a reasonable assertion. We actually had more chances than Newcastle, and should have scored from two breakaways in the last 10 minutes. As I said before, we are still a work in progress and are heading in the right direction. We need to buy well and kick on next season. I’ve watched Villa for over 50 years, so there isn’t much I haven’t experienced with Villa. I’m still optimistic and have faith. After the last few years, I’ll take where we are now, and give Dean the time he’s more than earned to get us back to the top.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I never actually said that 'Anyone who thinks we will finish midtable with Smith is naive ', so that's a lie, a misquote, and doesn't 'clariy my viewpoint' at all

I said anyone who thinks that we'll improve that much with just four new signings and keeping Smith is naive, but I also said we can improve by keeping Smith and signing more players of better quality than we already have, which is exactly what happened, so not sure what quoting that post is trying to prove.

Also bearing in mind that post was made on July 21s before we'd even made any signings, and was written in responce to people saying that we only needed four new players.

Keep digging son, you'll hit New Zealand soon and we can enjoy being out of lockdown.

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Remarkable.

Looking forward to seeing how far you'll push this.

Which of City, Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Leicester & Everton should we be finishing ahead of? Just so I know.

Would it have been to much to ask to get a win from Sheffield United with 10 men, Brighton, or even Burnley. Playing poor football lost us 12 points from those games, not a poor squad of players, same with Newcastle.

It's not 'boom' or 'incredible work' because it's not what I actually said. The funny thing is it goes back to July of last year to twist my words, when a post from the last day or two could have been easily found that actually does contradicted without having to misquote me.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

It wasn't a quote.

You're right you did make the post before we signed anyone saying if we sign 4 players and keep Smith we wont be midtable. It took 5 signings to get top half...so you win?

2 minutes ago, useless said:

It's not 'boom' or 'incredible work' because it's not what I actually said. The funny thing is it goes back to July of last year to twist my words, when a post from the last day or two could have been easily found that actually does contradicted without having to misquote me.

Now you're just fibbing.

image.thumb.png.21c15367f0d15df4624cad07664f7373.png

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Would it have been to much to ask to get a win from Sheffield United with 10 men, Brighton, or even Burnley. Playing poor football lost us 12 points from those games, not a poor squad of players, same with Newcastle.

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes, and the games you've mentioned we've played badly. They were bad results! 

We deserved to draw/lose and Smith said so after most of those games.

Does that mean he should be sacked? That all the games we don't win are his fault?

No and definitely not are your answers to those questions.

Â