Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not that I want one, or expect one, but by rights I am probably owed an apology, claiming people have said things that they haven't said is pretty serious.

Let me know if you want an address to serve papers for the libel case. 

No I'm I don't want an address to serve papers for a libel case, but I do feel as though you could have the decency to admit that what you put in bullet points isnt what I actually said. It's not even if you needed to find a post and twist the words, you could have taken one of my posts from today without having to claim it says something that it doesn't and made the same point.

By the way you reacted to me mentioning that you were talking of Pochettino replacing Smith, I know you know that claiming that people have said what they haven't said isn't very nice, you didn't like it when I did something similar back to you.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

And if you're still not happy then your expectations are the issue, not Dean Smith and Aston Villa.

I'm generally delighted with Dean and the progress we have made since he arrived. He's done a brilliant job and i hope he is here to continue that progress.

I'm unhappy with the performance, tactics, game management from last night. Am i wrong to be? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I'm generally delighted with Dean and the progress we have made since he arrived. He's done a brilliant job and i hope he is here to continue that progress.

I'm unhappy with the performance, tactics, game management from last night. Am i wrong to be? 

Naaa, that was all down to the players, they are rubbish,  nothing to do with Smith.

Wilder has become available

Troll Stick Figure GIF - Troll StickFigure Dancing GIFs

Watched a few games today and I swear Man City aside everyone seems shit at the moment. It’s a shame we’ve gone shit at the same time as other teams around us.  We could have been 3 points off 6th with a game in hand. We’ve got 4 games v Everton and Spurs coming up. They could all go either way really although Spurs have come in to a bit of form at the right time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watched a few games today and I swear Man City aside everyone seems shit at the moment. It’s a shame we’ve gone shit at the same time as other teams around us.  We could have been 3 points off 6th with a game in hand. We’ve got 4 games v Everton and Spurs coming up. They could all go either way really although Spurs have come in to a bit of form at the right time.

I was wondering whether I’m watching too much football because there seems to be so many poor games but maybe, as you say, quite a few teams are playing poorly at the moment.

Did love one incident today...think it was Ayling who hit the ball, came off Llorente, spun over the keeper, hit the crossbar and then landed in the keepers surprising hands as he turned around.  That Bielsa provides cracking football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Not at all. 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I was wondering whether I’m watching too much football because there seems to be so many poor games but maybe, as you say, quite a few teams are playing poorly at the moment.

Did love one incident today...think it was Ayling who hit the ball, came off Llorente, spun over the keeper, hit the crossbar and then landed in the keepers surprising hands as he turned around.  That Bielsa provides cracking football.

The Palace v west Brom game finished me off today. Its no cure for depression. 

Edited by PaulC

If Grealish had have been fit it's not overly optimistic to say that we might have been seven or eight points better off now, could have easily have won the Newcastle, Wolves and Sheffield United games with him in the side, and maybe even taken a point against Leicester as well. As soon as he returns we will have a better chance of picking up points again, he's so good and important to us, that I rate our chances of doing better against the divisons betters sides with him, than I do our chances against the divisions weaker teams without him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

i corrected my mistake 

Just messing mate, I knew what you meant. I didn’t even bother watching that one tbh.  I can’t believe Palace have moved to 11th! They’ve been awful whenever I’ve seen them.  There a team that seems to always be on bad form but keep picking up the odd wins. Bit like us lately. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

If Grealish had have been fit it's not overly optimistic to say that we might have been seven or eight points better off now, could have easily have won the Newcastle, Wolves and Sheffield United games with him in the side, and maybe even taken a point against Leicester as well. As soon as he returns we will have a better chance of picking up points again, he's so good and important to us, that I rate our chances of doing better against the divisons betters sides with him, than I do our chances against the divisions weaker teams without him.

Ironically I think we would have missed him less against the leagues better sides where we wouldn’t expect to have much of the ball.

Against the weaker sides we’ve had no ideas on how to break them down whereas against better teams we could let them have the ball and try and take the odd chance on the break or a set piece. Like against Leeds.  

Against Newcastle it wasn't only Grealish that was missing but Traore too, who's to say he wouldn't have come up with something to win us the game, it's not as if he hasn't done so already on several occasions, and we don't know how ready El Ghazi was after his injury. Cash being out makes a big difference too.

Fans get too jumpy from game to game. Judge a manager on whole seasons. I'll be disappointed if we don't finish top 8 after our start, but it's not a reason to dump him.

So far he has consistently delivered season-on-season improvement, and the players seem to love him. As long as he keeps that up, I'm backing him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, useless said:

No I'm I don't want an address to serve papers for a libel case, but I do feel as though you could have the decency to admit that what you put in bullet points isnt what I actually said. It's not even if you needed to find a post and twist the words, you could have taken one of my posts from today without having to claim it says something that it doesn't and made the same point.

By the way you reacted to me mentioning that you were talking of Pochettino replacing Smith, I know you know that claiming that people have said what they haven't said isn't very nice, you didn't like it when I did something similar back to you.

Dear Useless, on the 13th October 2021, I, Cheltenham_Villa used a 'laughing man' emoji in response to a summation of a post that I was led to believe you had previously made,  regarding the fortunes of Aston Villa Football Club and their current manager Dean Smith. 

I have now been aware that those comments could not be accurately attribute to yourself. 

I would like to place on the record my sincere apologies for any hurt caused by the emoji. I now intend on taking a period of self reflection.

Yours, Cheltenham_Villa

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Awol said:

First season in charge we finished 5th in the Championship then promoted. 

Second season 17th in the Prem, climbing 8 league places. 

If we finish 9th this season he’s climbed another 8 places. 

Runners up 21/22 season... 

more seriously, I think he should have a lot in the bank with the fan base by now. Not above criticism, but worthy of our trust. 

What he has done in the past is meaningless.

Football is a result business. Sheffield United have just sacked Chris Wilder who took them to the clubs highest ever finish in the Premier League and 2 promotions.

All that matter for Smith is keep progressing the club and he got lot of work to do considering we are regressing. Both in terms of performances and results. We are shocking to watch at the moment.

If teams really have 'found' us out he needs to adapt and find a solution to that.

Being labeled a one man team and there actually being strong evidence to back that up does not look good on the coach. Merson isn't wrong in what he is saying. We look a really poor side without Jack. Probably bottom 5 level team without him.

Edited by villalad21
  • Confused 1

There’s a lot of bed wetting going on.

We’re on a bad run, we’ve been on a bad run since Burnley away but luckily we have picked up points along the way.

DS has finished the season strong the last 2 years, if he can do it again then we will have a Top 8/Top 10 finish. Anyone who was expecting more than that after a relegation battle last year has too high an expectation of how quickly a team can progress.

I appreciate that there is an argument to say that we could’ve been in the mix for Europe if we’d won some of the winnable games that we’ve lost this season, but then we’ve also won a lot of games that on paper we lose. The truth is that we’re not good enough YET.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What he has done in the past is meaningless.

Football is a result business. Sheffield United have just sacked Chris Wilder who took them to the clubs highest ever finish in the Premier League and 2 promotions.

All that matter for Smith is keep progressing the club and he got lot of work to do considering we are regressing. Both in terms of performances and results. We are shocking to watch at the moment.

If teams really have 'found' us out he needs to adapt and find a solution to that.

Being labeled a one man team and there actually being strong evidence to back that up does not look good on the coach. Merson isn't wrong in what he is saying. We look a really poor side without Jack. Probably bottom 5 level team without him.

there's a lot incorrect here, kicking off with the fact that wilder has quit because he hates the owners, he's not been sacked. if they planned on sacking him they'd have done it before xmas.

so just to be clear, what he's done in the past is meaningless but then all that matters is to keep progressing the club, therefore taking into account what has been done previously?

you do realise we have already bettered last season's points total and even if we lost all remaining games we'd almost certainly finish in a higher position to last season don't you? is that not the progress you speak of?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â