Dean Smith

Demitri_C

i think i can openly say we have been really poor for half of the season now, our last 14 games is 15th to 17th level form......terrible.

Draw at Newcastle, loss to sheffield......

the last 14 games we have averaged 1.14 points a game........that over a season is 43/44 points...........we have been terrible for literally the entire last half of the season!

We are bloody lucky we had such an amazing start to the season.

A number of our players are just not good enough, regardless of the rose tinted glasses.

Just now, DCJonah said:

When Traore went off, we basically had last seasons team. 

That's 3 important players missing, combined with others being out of form. 

Watkins , Martinez, Sanson, ??? 

He’s bringing out the schizophrenic nature in me as a footie fan as I loved him a couple of weeks ago ... Now I’m getting back to where I was with him last season - frustrated and questioning. Does Jack’s singlehanded ability mask Smith's deficiencies as a top level coach & is he holding us back? It’s a massive overreaction to a bitter blow... Win the next two and I’ll love him once more 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Watkins , Martinez, Sanson, ??? 

Sanson came on 2nd half and is still new to the club. 

The majority of the starting line up was last season. We had trez and el ghazi both on. When does that happen? Elmo still at rb and no attacking options on the bench. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

Sanson came on 2nd half and is still new to the club. 

The majority of the starting line up was last season. We had trez and el ghazi both on. When does that happen? Elmo still at rb and no attacking options on the bench. 

He's been here for more than 2 **** months. At some point we have to do away with the "he's still new" excuse.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Our players look mentally tired. You could argue since post lockdown they've been very good and solid. It's taken a huge mental effort.

Since the Covid outbreak we've looked uninventive and uninspiring. Even with Jack Grealish playing we've struggled.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If Cash wasn't ready to play why was he on the bench, from the guy who prefers players 'playing their way to fitness'

Because who else is there? 

Who from our squad who isn't over 21 was actually missing today? Cash was a precaution, fit enough to play if desperate, engelsnproabbky the same 

The squad is looking thin and poor right now 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

When Traore went off, we basically had last seasons team. 

That's 3 important players missing, combined with others being out of form. 

Goes back to our lack of depth again which I hope we can partly fix in the summer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

St James Park has been one of our worst grounds to visit. No win since 2005

Thank god for that, an here's me thinking we were just shite.

On a serious note though, Smith needs to get these guys performing. McGinn, poor, Luiz, poor, Watkins an off game, Ming's off game, an what does Ramsey really offer apart from a bit of fitness?

Just now, DCJonah said:

I genuinely don't get all the concern and anger. We aren't going down. For the first time in over a decade we can just relax without our season being on the line going into the end of the season. That's huge IMO. 

We're a midtable team and our owners are going to invest again in the summer. This is all part of our journey back to the big time. Its going to take more than 2 seasons. 

I'm happy with our position, it's the performances I think a lot are angry about. I know we're already safe but we've just been woeful lately.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I genuinely don't get all the concern and anger. We aren't going down. For the first time in over a decade we can just relax without our season being on the line going into the end of the season. That's huge IMO. 

We're a midtable team and our owners are going to invest again in the summer. This is all part of our journey back to the big time. Its going to take more than 2 seasons. 

d&d nerd GIF

• Like 1

Losing faith.

It's like the kid who has the best Top Trump card who just keeps winning. The second they lose that card you realise they don't even know how to play. You can't be THAT much of a one man team, especially after the summer spending spree.

Line ups are poor, midfield is confused, tactics are none existent, substitutions are predictable and there seems to be no understanding of how the opposition play differs from team to team.

Thank you but you, like Mings and McGinn, have reached your ceiling. We need some proper quality now. You cant just have plan A being "let Grealish run the game" and no plan B.

Change at the end of the season if we have any ambition. No room for sentimentality unfortunately.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're finished for the year, gone lazy and sloppy 

Typical mid table nothing to play for team

Tbf. We are within 1-5 points from European football with 10 matches left and our best player coming back.

You'd have to be French to say we're finished for the year.

Â