Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, villa4europe said:

West ham have (had) 3 £40m players in their team 

They're a few years above us, that's is what it is

We have one of the best players in the league, 100 million on his own. On form we have a few 40 million pound players too, they just look a couple of million on present form.

It's not we don't have the players, it's they are all playing very poor at the moment, an weather it's down to Smith or the players I don;t really care, it just looks shit!!!!!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I genuinely don't get all the concern and anger. We aren't going down. For the first time in over a decade we can just relax without our season being on the line going into the end of the season. That's huge IMO. 

We're a midtable team and our owners are going to invest again in the summer. This is all part of our journey back to the big time. Its going to take more than 2 seasons. 

Let's be honest, Dean has worked a lot of these players to death. MON used to do it.

Yes the squad might not be great but he needs to use it more and for God sake get a plan B. You cannot play the same way as if Jack is in the team.

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Same issue remains - who else is there???

We need to build the squad. The squad is better this year than last year. It should therefore be better next year.

It’s all a work in progress. I’m happy provided we continue to move in the right direction, which we quite obviously are. 

I absolutely don’t want Dean to be replaced. He still has many more positives than negatives but he still bloody annoys me with certain things! We have had a few really bad spells whilst he’s been in charge and he seemingly just keeps going without trying much to change our luck. It’s bloody annoying.

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is the 2nd season in 11 seasons we dont have to worry what league we are in the next season. Its ok for once to have a boring season 

Err yes I know? In fact I even said in the post you quoted that I'm happy with our position. The performances however have been VERY bad recently and that is concerning.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Let's be honest, Dean has worked a lot of these players to death. MON used to do it.

Yes the squad might not be great but he needs to use it more and for God sake get a plan B. You cannot play the same way as if Jack is in the team.

Bang on, McGinn is proof of that, he looks knackered.

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We have one of the best players in the league, 100 million on his own. On form we have a few 40 million pound players too, they just look a couple of million on present form.

It's not we don't have the players, it's they are all playing very poor at the moment, an weather it's down to Smith or the players I don;t really care, it just looks shit!!!!!

Not in the final third aside from Jack. El Ghazi and Trez are what they are 8-10m range punts. Some excellent games but then rubbish the next week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes We have Jack, But West Ham can choose from Fornals, Bowen , Benrahma,  Yaramalenko, Lanzini and Lingard compare that to Trezeguet and Elghazi

• Like 4

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Yes We have Jack, But West Ham can choose from Fornals, Bowen , Benrahma,  Yaramalenko, Lanzini and Lingard compare that to Trezeguet and Elghazi

Still average players, Lingard probably being the best, but Moyes is getting the best out of them, dare I say, our players are far from showing there best at the moment.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Still average players, Lingard probably being the best, but Moyes is getting the best out of them, dare I say, our players are far from showing there best at the moment.

I'd say some of ours are shite players, and getting average out of them might actually be an achievement.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

14 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Can but hope same as West ham last season... In reality they should never have been down there with us, underachieved last year, overachievibg this year

• Like 1

It's the first time today where we looked like the team prior to the COVID shut down. Slow, tepid, no movement, too much time on the ball, caught in possession etc. A good team would have punished the mistakes made today.

5 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Interesting that Bowen has actually been on the bench for West Ham in recent weeks. He's stepped up pretty well to premier league from what I've seen but you get the feeling if he was here he'd be another we'd be running into the ground by playing every single minute of every league match.

• Like 1

I guess Bruce won today's war and that's what is totally frustrating that Newcastle hadn't got anything all game and we just let them take two points from what should of been a sealed Victory.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Switch out El Ghazi and Trez for Bowen and Benrahma and you'll see improvement I assure you :lol:

I know you don't like him, but not sure Smith can do much more tonight. Perhaps start Sanson instead of Ramsey?

Watkins, Mings, McGinn utter garbage tonight. That's three key players, he can't do much when those three chuck stinkers in. 

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I guess Bruce won today's war and that's what is totally frustrating that Newcastle hadn't got anything all game and we just let them take two points from what should of been a sealed Victory.

I still think we didn't deserve a victory, we were sloppy and disinterested.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Switch out El Ghazi and Trez for Bowen and Benrahma and you'll see improvement I assure you :lol:

I know you don't like him, but not sure Smith can do much more tonight. Perhaps start Sanson instead of Ramsey?

Watkins, Mings, McGinn utter garbage tonight. That's three key players, he can't do much when those three chuck stinkers in. 

I don't dislike Smith at all, I'm just a realist and don't see him as the messiah some do. 

Bowen and Benrahma are not much better than what we have, Moyes just gets 110% out of them, if not he don't play them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't dislike Smith at all, I'm just a realist and don't see him as the messiah some do. 

Bowen and Benrahma are not much better than what we have, Moyes just gets 110% out of them, if not he don't play them. 

You don't think Bowen and Benrahma are much  better than Anwar and Trez?

You can't be serious.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You don't think Bowen and Benrahma are better than Anwar and Trez?

You can't be serious.

The fact that West Ham can rotate between 6 quality forward players says it all really 

• Like 1

Â