Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I liked the part of his press conference where he said that we want to exorcise some demons from pre-lockdown. See, for me, that is not boring. It's a calculated way of saying that we want to get revenge for the way they beat us when we last played them. 

That's not boring - that's psychological stimulation. 

the exorcist father merrin GIF

34 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Imagine Smith coming out to the press conference with a big snake round his neck and a piece of 4 x 2 shouting Villa Villa Villa Villa then pointing at the camera and shouting LEICESTER WERE COMING FOR YOU BROTHER OH YEAHHHH whilst kissing his guns

Excellent post and imagery, however I feel I must pull you up on your use of the US standard timber measurement. We generally go for 3”x 2” in God’s country.

Although in mitigation you are using a character from the other side of the pond, so just a friendly word on this occasion and no need for a card to be brandished. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Excellent post and imagery, however I feel I must pull you up on your use of the US standard timber measurement. We generally go for 3”x 2” in God’s country.

Although in mitigation you are using a character from the other side of the pond, so just a friendly word on this occasion and no need for a card to be brandished. 

Depends on the job. 4" x 2" is a perfectly common timber size in the UK. 

(Slightly racist aside: "four-be-two" has long been rhyming slang for "Jew"). 

• Like 1

I now refuse to watch another press conference unless he has a snake, a 2 by 4 or some face paint. I will also accept a mask of some kind although it’s not my preference.

On a serious note his press conference’s can bore me to sleep as long we continue to do the business on the pitch!

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Depends on the job. 4" x 2" is a perfectly common timber size in the UK. 

(Slightly racist aside: "four-be-two" has long been rhyming slang for "Jew"). 

I’d never heard that particular  racist slang before. Although the score in our recent drubbing of Liverpool could equally be used I suppose. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I liked the part of his press conference where he said that we want to exorcise some demons from pre-lockdown. See, for me, that is not boring. It's a calculated way of saying that we want to get revenge for the way they beat us when we last played them. 

That's not boring - that's psychological stimulation. 

Its Taciturnity, he has it in art form.

Was getting edgy over their subs giving them more energy but hard to take players off when they're doing that

We look organised and full of effort which happened quietly but it's the bare minimum requirement and something a lot of villa teams have lacked

Close to saying we look a bit like MONS lightening quick team but with a bit more about us, weaker wing play but stronger centre 

Deano is pulling off masterclass after masterclass. I've never seen a turnaround in defensive solidity quite like I have with this Villa team since the last few games of last season and it's helping us so so much. 

Smith, Terry, O'Kelly, Shakespeare and Cutler are doing a simply phenomenal job. 

• Like 2

Â