Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I never wanted him from the beginning lol! I have always wanted him to do well but often thought that he would not! I’m so glad he is proving me wrong. He is a top, top bloke. Please keep making me look like a brainless fool Deano. I love it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I never wanted him from the beginning lol! I have always wanted him to do well but often thought that he would not! I’m so glad he is proving me wrong. He is a top, top bloke. Please keep making me look like a brainless fool Deano. I love it!

Posts like this deserve a lot of credit. Fair play. 

• Like 1

He's a complete game changer for us, our Ferguson, imagine two more seasons with him in charge, where will we be ? It's scarry how much progress has been made in 24 months. No one anywhere has performed better than Smith .

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Just saw the athletic article about wyness.

Says before bruce joined they offered moyes a 10 year contract.

Even Moyes could see it would be a disaster 

I can’t forget when I went to Preston game. I wanted to see Villa winning (as I go only to one or few matches each season). So a draw at Bristol then a win against Preston would’ve been good. We somehow had a red card I think, then I had mixed feelings. Heart says Whelan should miss for Bruce to go. Head says no guarantee. Heart again says that Villa should win. At the end it was a blessing that he was gone. I was laughing with some of my friends that I had to come for Bruce to get changed. 😂

18 hours ago, Xela said:

What was it, 19 months ago, we were 12th or 13th in the Championship? 

Fantastic progress. 

Well done to the board who have stuck by him as well. 

He must’ve meant it as it was a God awful penalty. Funnily enough we only caught the back end of Bruces interview that evening on WM when we got back to the car and had no idea about the cabbage incident until much later

Edited by Follyfoot

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Funnily enough we only caught the back end of Bruces interview that evening on WM when we got back to the car and he had no idea about football 

Fixed

Edited by Kiwivillan

23 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Just saw the athletic article about wyness.

Says before bruce joined they offered moyes a 10 year contract.

Also, in one match xia tried to send a note to Bruce to sub whelan at half time.

What a sh*t show.

We were so lucky not to get promoted that season with the complete bunch of amateurs running the club.

I'm so grateful for smith, purslow and NSWE.

I think we dodged an awful lot of bullets at the time Doug had sold all the way upto us finding our new Owners.

Losing Grealish to Spurs for 15 million would of been a Nuke alone. Having Henry come in to Coach would of been another disaster.

In fact I think all the potential disasters we have narrowly missed or just about slipped away from could make an exciting list to ready through.

Please someone make a thread where we  could stockpile a list and see how many avoided disasters there could of been since Doug sold Villa up until our current Owners coming in, would be a fun little Thread I'm sure.

I have always been a believer in Smith since he took over.There was a moment after the a Leicester defeat that’s thought  he would never be successful because we were so easy to score against.

He has proved he can learn and adapt and defensively we have improved hugely.I don’t think we have conceded from a set piece since lockdown which was something that needed addressing.

Smiths problem now is our expectations are now much higher.We have a fantastic first team but if Grealish,Mings,Luiz or Watkins gets injured we have weak replacements.I hope we stick by him even when we inevitably start losing.

Good comments in the press conference today which arguably wrote themselves, but made it clear there is zero room for complacency following our win, that we won't be dropping our guard but that we do have a team of quality players capable of delivering this season.

Suggested Jack will be disappointed not to have played more, but still started an England game and got man of the match in it so not a bad week for him.  Also highlighting he's fresh and thats great for us. 

Everything you would want him to say, nothing you wouldn't.  Bring on Leicester

Â