Dean Smith

Demitri_C

This is really sad yet probably the right decision, hes gave me some of the best wins ive ever seen with Villa i.e liverpool, arsenal, united as well as playing some gracious football at times, ill be forever grateful for what he has done for the club he supports just as much as us and he even he will know it was the right decision as the money we spent hasn't been reflected on the pitch ultimately 

thanks for everything Deano 😔

Sad way to end, always a villan though and he came across as a gent. Right decision, but good luck to him and he gave us a lot of good memories, still had time to squeeze a win at old trafford before he left. 

• Like 1

Very sad to see Dean go. I want all Villa managers to succeed but I've not wanted a manager to succeed as much as him since Gregory or Little. Thank you for all the great memories and making me enjoy being a fan again. Whilst it was probably inevitable that it would happen as something had gone wrong, I'm sure both Dean and Villa will bounce back. 

UTV

What a top bloke and custodian he has been for AVFC. Did the job we needed of him getting us up when he did at first attempt, if we didnt we really could have been in the wilderness.

Some great memories ill always think fondly of him. Will always be one of us. Its all a bit sad its come to this but 5 losses was always going to call for a rethink at boardroom level. Interesting to see what we conjure up next, we need some direction now and a new voice and fresh ideas at BMH might be just what this squad need to get out of this funk.

Thanks for everything Deano.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

I'm not crying, you're crying...

Gutted for him now he's gone honestly.

But in reality, where has that football gone, it was not all about Grealish.

Edited by foreveryoung

2 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

I think we were all wrong. Bailey, Buendia have looked poor, there was clearly no rationale behind Ings.

The failure to improve the midfield......well.

As perslow said in the address to the fans when grealish left its impossible to replace him, which is true but it seems the way they replaced him, looking at stats to give us what jack gave us has been badly implemented

It really has looked like there was no plan how to integrate these signings (Bailey being injured hasn't helped)

The board got the Smith appointment right, he did the job required but now we need to move on not treat water

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Last time we changed manager in November was Remi Garde, that worked out well!

Already seeing arguments about the type of manager we need.... "Experienced Premier League manager" to "xyz" - who will leave their current Champions League side....

For me it's a poisoned chalice for next guy in. Will have to get improvements immediately as those who supported Dean will be keen to jump on every slip up. Like when Fergie left and Moyes replaced him.

Finally - Thanks Dean for taking us from such a low point to where we are today.

We all love Dean, but let’s face it to compare following him, particularly after this year, to following Fergie is a bit much. Emotionally it’s tough but certainly results and to be honest recently performances shouldn’t be too hard to improve on. 

Â