Dean Smith

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

This is a joke yeah?

I can't see Conte or Pep allowing this, I thought the discipline was missing from this team, now I know why..

They are gonna have one hell of a shock when a new manager comes in.

Really? Because I'm pretty sure City train at 4pm on Thursdays to accomodate mid week travel.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I can't believe this could be true surely.

Buendia, cannot play a full game

Traore injured not fit

Sanson Covid

Ings Covid

Mings benched, Why?

Watkins not 100%

McGinn, better for Scotland

Luiz Injured not fit

Shall I go on. Where's the coaching, where's the discipline. 

You only get intensity from your players with a disciplined team who are listening to instructions. They shouldn't need to be told half way through a game with a piece on paper.

It's obviously not right behind the scenes and the quicker we get a new manager in the better, I don't wanna start hating on Smith cause he and his coaching staff are not fit for purpose. Allowing players to train later cause they are up late playing games is shocking to say the least. They are supposed to be fully focused, they shouldn't want to come in any later if they are enjoying their football. The best are in early and leave last.

That was so ****ing funny....never seen that before.

We have an impressive analytics data department with industry leading technology.....and a secret message is passed on to the pitch on a bit of bog roll.

you couldn't make it up....if that was Man U the TV company would have forced a commercial break, us....the camera followed the paper to every player.

its got to make it on to a quiz show of, what was written on it?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We’re not going to get relegated. Smith or no Smith.

Watford and Norwich I'd say are likely to go. There's a spot free with no obvious contender right now. Newcastle will escape the drop zone 

I think if the powers that be do not pull the plug they're opening Smith up to the very likely possibility of him losing the crowd. I think most fans agree something needs to change, starting at Smiths door. Delaying what has become inevitable in most peoples heads will just allow negativity to creep in more to the situation. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think if the powers that be do not pull the plug they're opening Smith up to the very likely possibility of him losing the crowd. I think most fans agree something needs to change, starting at Smiths door. Delaying what has become inevitable in most peoples heads will just allow negativity to creep in more to the situation. 

I agree with that. 2 down to Brighton and I think we'd get stuff like crowd booing his subs as Nuno got in his last Spurs game. Perhaps the odd Smith out chant although it wouldn't be as brutal as what likes of McLeish and Bruce got.

I'd rather just not hear it as would be sad given what he has achieved for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRO said:

The thing is Paul, one thing like this seems innocuous, but many things like this, lends itself to losing a grip.

Saying yes , to everything, may seem compliant, ( even if it seems trivial) but eventually you lose control...or they think you are being funny, when you put your foot down.

Just ask any parent. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

but its not the point....The point was made to question the strength of the management decisions....the act itself may be/seem innocuous.

Albeit some players with huge drive and self engagement to improving, choose 2.00pm to 4.00pm for personal time....so that could preclude them from that.

It just don't sit right with me.....they should go to bed earlier, you're playing for Aston Villa,, is that not enough to say NO.

Why do they need to go to bed earlier though? None of this is about them training less, just about them training later. Surely it's much more sensible to get the optimum amount of training at the best time to suit the prime athlete. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Watford and Norwich I'd say are likely to go. There's a spot free with no obvious contender right now. Newcastle will escape the drop zone 

The relegation battle is going to be very interesting this season . I really don't see Villa getting caught up in it but there will be at least one surprise in the three. I'm guessing that Newcastle will throw a big bag of money at the winter window but Burnley, Leeds & Brentford will be involved alongside Watford & Norwich.

I find one thing in particular extremely concerning. This talk of how we will be better once we have players fit following the coming international break. 

What if we don't? What if whatever ails Luiz and Ings lingers, if Traore breaks down again? Is he essentially saying he cannot manage with the group of players he currently has, that this form is the best they are capable of? That itself would be a sackable offence if he didn't have so much credit in the bank. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TRO said:

That was so ****ing funny....never seen that before.

We have an impressive analytics data department with industry leading technology.....and a secret message is passed on to the pitch on a bit of bog roll.

you couldn't make it up....if that was Man U the TV company would have forced a commercial break, us....the camera followed the paper to every player.

its got to make it on to a quiz show of, what was written on it?

Where it ended up would be funnier. Mings' sock.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I find one thing in particular extremely concerning. This talk of how we will be better once we have players fit following the coming international break. 

What if we don't? What if whatever ails Luiz and Ings lingers, if Traore breaks down again? Is he essentially saying he cannot manage with the group of players he currently has, that this form is the best they are capable of? That itself would be a sackable offence if he didn't have so much credit in the bank. 

Agree. Our current available players are more than enough to win premier league games, self evidently. We dont need to wait for a saviour player, we have most of them available for selection. They are just being setup badly and not being given the right insights and training for each opponent. This is a coaching problem. Dean Smith is head coach. 

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

A manager's reign in football is like no other manager in any job, Smith is out of credits, he's done good things for villa but now it's clear to anyone that he's took us as far as he's capable, nice man, but we move on. Bring in the next man, new thread same old shit! UTV 

Your sincerely, villa talk !!!

8 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The relegation battle is going to be very interesting this season . I really don't see Villa getting caught up in it but there will be at least one surprise in the three. I'm guessing that Newcastle will throw a big bag of money at the winter window but Burnley, Leeds & Brentford will be involved alongside Watford & Norwich.

Make no mistake we’re fully involved in this relegation scrap. 

• Like 1

Â