Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Inevitable now and frankly indefensible, though I’m sure some will try.

He has spent £300m on that, £300m and having to throw AEG and hope for something. We’ve been crap for almost a year, enough is enough, thanks For everything but it is time to make the change before he takes us back down.

• Like 2

His position is untenable. 5 losses on the bounce but not only that, 5 absolutely hideous performances. And we weren't that good before that.

He has to go. The club should be speaking to other managers now and lining up a replacement to come on over the international break.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He has spent £300m on that, £300m and having to throw AEG and hope for something. We’ve been crap for almost a year, enough is enough, thanks For everything but it is time to make the change before he takes us back down.

My sentiments exactly.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I agree he has to go, but to say he's had £300m and pissed it up the wall, without mentioning the context of the last 3 seasons, well mate I think you've been more objective than that previously. 

• Like 2

The reaction in the second half was not enough to redeem the performance. Sacking a manager because of 5 results is shortsighted but when 4 of the performances have been as poor as the last four have been (in large part) it's easier to come to that conclusion.

I think the main problem is that Smith is a manager of evolution not revolution and after Grealish left so late in the window we were in need of a playing style revolution. It's not inconceivable that he could turn it around but it no longer seems like the most likely route to success.

I think the issue is simple tbh. He's deviated from what he knew tactically when he hadn't enough time with a fit squad to implement it. And square peg round holes springs to mind. I think if he'd utilised the youngsters instead of shoe horning players it may have allowed him to keep continuity in the squad. They are more than ready compared to what we are seeing from senior players. 

Always thought he’s only an interim manager to bring us up & we would change it once we got up …He has done nothing to improve us , we still no style of playing , our Stoke-Pullis long throw game is a laughing stock, its all hoof and hope .. Grealish saved us in the last 2 season.. 

Â