Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

When you’re lucks down nothing goes for you.

This always seems to happen though when a team is in freefall. You make your own luck though. It's far more than bad luck that has led us to this mess.

• Like 1

Just now, MCU said:

Can’t have this calibre of players and get outplayed like this. It’s embarrassing.

On paper... 

In reality far too many of these players are either injured, carrying injuries or in shit form

Somethings up with the club, wouldn't say we have a single in form player so far this season, no stand outs as playing well 

Unfortunately the axe will fall on Dean for that 

• Like 1

Just now, ferguson1 said:

12 goals conceded now in four games.

Captain dropped. 

Players showing unhappiness towards the head coach.

WE NEED A CHANGE NOW. 

Probably the only thing he got right today.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I feel for him a bit. Midfielders injured, stupid red card. When you’re lucks down nothing goes for you. Obviously fans will want him gone but change doesn’t always improve things as we’ve seen many times. 

I think both things can be true that he's been desperately unlucky as well as underperformed. I kind of roll my eyes whenever I see someone say "don't tell me about injuries/covid" as if they haven't genuinely hampered us quite significantly, they aren't even excuses just important context.

Regardless, terribly sad to say but I feel like the writing is on the wall a bit for Deano. Love him and all he's done for the club but it really does feel like things are plummeting quickly here and in that case at any club it's normally the manager that pays for it first.

Just now, villa4europe said:

On paper... 

In reality far too many of these players are either injured, carrying injuries or in shit form

Somethings up with the club, wouldn't say we have a single in form player so far this season, no stand outs as playing well 

Unfortunately the axe will fall on Dean for that 

That’s what I’m saying. 

I said earlier this afternoon he probably has 4 games to save his job. I'm pretty angry after that shit, but the next 3 are Southampton, Brighton, and Palace. I'd probably give him those, with an expectation of better performances and 6 points.

Got everything wrong again,

First sub , for god sake we all know Ashley young is not central midfielder

Second sub is forced understandable

Third sub, everyone who has seen Anwar play knows he is great when we have the ball going forward, we needed pace and you have took that away from us by taking Leon Bailey off, we should have been sacrificing  a central midfielder to get more pace on with either Ramsey or archer

Just now, Big Salad said:

I don't think he 100% deserves to go at this point but I will be stunned if he makes it to Friday or even before for that matter

I would be stunned if he DIDN'T make it to Friday. If we lose that game though then I think he'll be gone.

• Like 2

He's just taken us as far as he can really. Will always have my thanks for promotion and keeping us up and mid table but that's his limit. We need fresh voices and direction for this squad now.

Can't really see how he survives losing at Southampton. Would be 5 defeats, barely above 18th if Burnley win next weekend and two week international break so to me it's simply the best time to make the change regardless of who is available.

Don't really get limping on for the next few months out of blind loyalty to DS and then getting to Feb and realising we probably should sack him. Reminds me of keeping Lambert for ages and then sacking him and Sherwood got a few wins.

The season is still only 11 games in so loads of time to get some wins and confidence back and slowly climb the league.

Â