Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, DCJonah said:

From who?

100% Wes and Nas won’t accept 11th place next year. We will invest in the summer and I suspect if we are not showing signs of pushing for top 6/8 they will act swift:

We are very fortunate our owners have real ambition...

If our second half of the season had been our first half of the season, Smith would have been gone by Christmas. I am not saying he should be sacked but I am sure that the owners will be having the discussion. Likely two more defeats to come and possibly a twelfth place finish and he is under massive pressure (quite rightly too).

What is wrong with us, that has to be a very frustrating second half, so frustrating that the moment we scored and went 2-1 up I said wait till second half it's going to bite us in the ass.

Players and Smith need to sort this because they all made the damn mistake and they cost the game.

Roll on Summer to get some of these players out hopefully and bring some much needed better players in.

Our passing in the second half just seemed so below standard how can we be this ace team unplayable against one half to going to complete primary school level the next half?? The game was there to be won and we had it and we let it go because some of our players mentality caved in and we had no one commanding and sorting us out. We need a real bloody leader and commanding presence coming in that's a midfielder I think.

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

100% Wes and Nas won’t accept 11th place next year. We will invest in the summer and I suspect if we are not showing signs of pushing for top 6/8 they will act swift:

I think midtable will be acceptable next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's pretty simple for me, if we start next season with the same dross we've seen in the last two months then he has to go otherwise we could get relegated.

I can almost look the other way this season as we were comfortably safe, without Jack and no doubt we've been on the beach for weeks. However next season there will be no such excuses.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, slowandlow said:

No room for sentimentality if the people running the club think someone better is available they should make the change in the summer

99.9% they won't.  October / November they might think differently.

Feel mid table in the premier league is Smith ceiling at the moment . If we are to challenge for Europe don’t think he’s good enough yet. Maybe he will come good in the next 2-3 seasons but not sure our 3rd richest owners in the league would wait that long 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Here we go  

Jesus, do we have to turn into this after every loss. 

**** boring.

I’ve rarely criticised Dean. But when it’s merited I won’t stick my head in the sand, like some. Today was not good, tell it like it is.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Here we go  

Jesus, do we have to turn into this after every loss. 

**** boring.

🤣🤣

Another poster happy with mediocrity. We are allowed to question the management.

Since January we have been bang average...I’m not buying the notion that covid derailed us, we were poor before that.

Smith is slow to make changes, we have been consistently poor second half of games, suspect he will be let go next season.

Our PPG since January is relegation form. Purslow et al won’t tolerate this

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

top 7 are probably already locked in for next season unless they have similarly shit seasons like some have had. We are in season 2 in the Premier League, Leicester are in season 8, City season 20 and the rest about season 40

Then you have Leeds, Everton, West Ham, Wolves maybe Newcastle looking to get into the top 8 as well. Its not some easy challenge no matter how much we spend

We need more consistent quality players and not ten £2m players during the summer window. I’m happy to give him that time and assess again next season. No denying it’s been pretty disappointing since Jan though. Has to start well otherwise the negativity just lingers. Seen it time and time before.

• Like 1

We're just not that good,

all the earlier season talk of 'Villa are back' was a false dawn,

if anything we're probably in a false position after our good start to the season and momentum carried us a little, Sheffield United were similar last year,

our true level is probably similar to the likes of Newcastle and Brighton, comfortably safe but just above the relegation zone.

I doubt Smith's job is in any danger, but it will be if we carry on the form we've showed since the turn of the new year into next season.

2 wins in the last 12.

Last 12 games, avg. PPG 0.83. (that form is a 31/32 point season over those games)

Is anyone gonna claim this team are not relegation candidates without Grealish?, this summer is huge i think.

Unacceptable tbh.

Even going back 22 games, 6 wins in 22, avg PPG of 1.04, aka a 39/40 point season, we have been poor for much much longer than we were good (at the start of the season).

I completely support Smith getting the summer window with another 100m+, he deserves it, however, if we spend another 100m+ in the summer and this kind of terrible form and performances continue, questions should rightly be asked.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

Â