Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a bad stat, of course it is. But I can’t stand this “Only Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are prone to helping teams break unwanted records.” notion. It’s incorrect.

Yeah Villa has been doing that long before Smith got here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

He’s absolutely burgling a living to be honest. Amount of money we have spent we should be embarrassed. 

since Smith is stealing a living, who is this brilliant alternative to bring in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a bad stat, of course it is. But I can’t stand this “Only Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are prone to helping teams break unwanted records.” notion. It’s incorrect.

I do agree with this, it's total nonsense.

That said we do have a serious issue with throwing away leads and Smith seemingly has no answer to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Can we give a couple of the kids minutes now?

Who ?  - I know everyone is raving about the U18s - but I really don't think they are physically ready yet. 

We need a squad good enough to be able to use McGinn as a sub, he is far a full game player. Some tired legs out there today, not sure with the few games left we couldn't have made some earlier subs. It's why we fell apart.

• Thanks 1

Go into the match thread and see how many people posted before the 3rd went in that we would lose it and suprise supride it happened.

The same amateur mistakes 

We have gone backwards since january. Moreof this shit next year he wont last the season.

Poor from him and he only has himself to blame for this one. 

We looked even worse when he took traore off.

Should have been grealiah for ramsey straight swap. Even if not that should have changed it after the pressure we were under.

Then does a steve Bruce and plays 3 strikers.absouletly embarrassing 

18 minutes ago, MattVillaPortsmouth said:

He really needs to learn his lessons, yes we have progressed with him but we won’t go any further unless he learns when and how to change things - doesn’t just mean subs, but shape - anyone who watches football can see what was going to happen.  Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Far too predictable.

This.

If our plan A doesn't work, or the team are not 100%, the opposition figure us out far too easily.

The template for this was 0-3 Leeds.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

All media BS too. Meaningless stat.

How is it meaningless?

As a team we have given away 19 points from winning positions this season. This is the joint worst in the top 4 leagues of English football. Before January, we hadn't let a single point go from a winning position. So in 4/5 months, we've given a (most in England) season's worth of points away from winning positions.

As a team, Palace have not won a game that they were losing at half time in THREE years.

Those combined are **** atrocious. There's no spin possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grobs said:

He’s absolutely burgling a living to be honest. Amount of money we have spent we should be embarrassed. 

Just out of interest, can I infer that you want him gone? 

If you do, I’m not going to agree but I’m not going to have a go. Well, not that much. 

It would be refreshing to see someone actually state they want him gone and not hide behind the fact they said it the match thread and therefore it doesn’t count.

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I only watched the second half tbh, but he was so bad I would have subbed him right away.

And if a first team player can't hold his own for 90 minutes. Replace him.

FWIW Ramsey was a LOT better than McGinn the second half. By some distance too.

Didn't see enough at any point in Ramsey, really poor crosses into the box, poor decision making, just not involved enough. Fine with him as sub for last 20 as he's played well in some of those cameos but today showed why he isn't ready to start prem games as it's not like he was up against great midfielders from opposition let's be honest. Palace two in there were McCarthy who started his first game since Jan and Schlupp who I thought was a winger.

McGinn scored a lovely goal first half and was generally everywhere,  he faded after being booked. I agree him being seen as unsubbable by DS can work against us on occasions as he was just passenger in last 20 minutes and we got overrun.

Should have changed it sooner. 

Shouldn't have taken off Traoré, should have put Jack in the middle or brought someone else on if that's a non starter. 

Shouldn't have taken off El Ghazi for a third striker. 

Needs to look long and hard at his midfield because as I said in the match thread they can't defend and they can't create. It's not a good mix. 

Do people remember the O'Neil wars? That band of people that mocked everyone yet were so quick to ignore the skyrocketing wagebill the net spend and the same mistakes being made by management.

'We've never had it so good!'

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Remind me where wolves were in the previous two?

where was Villa under Smith?

Villa are moving forward under Smith, Wolves are stuck and went backwards

• Like 2

Â