Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Piss poor from him today, Roy Hodgson changed it up at half time and Smith didn't know what to do. He watched Ramsey for 84 minutes struggle to get into the game and only replace him once we are losing then just resorts to throwing on 2 big strikers. It's been a good season overall but could have been so much better. 

• Like 4

He really needs to learn his lessons, yes we have progressed with him but we won’t go any further unless he learns when and how to change things - doesn’t just mean subs, but shape - anyone who watches football can see what was going to happen.  Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Far too predictable.

• Like 4

Yet again far too late with the subs, palace over ran our midfield from the start of that 2md half, pathetic performance

Burnley away was exactly the same

Edited by rbcuk

It wasn't the subs for me, Zaha and Eze were growing influential as the second half went on and we did nothing to tweak it, nothing like shifting a midfielder out there to help out AEM a bit more.

Palace had that strong 10 minute spell and we did nothing other than put Jack on who's well short currently so in a funny way that didn't help either.

Always seems to me DS just accepts the opposition having a prolonged spell of 10-15 minute pressure and just thinks we can ride it out so dosen't do things tactically that can stop it earlier.

Like Burnley away, today was one where we didn't and so rubbish way to lose a game against another mid table team.

That's why I have doubts about next season with increased expectation, we'll see.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Palace haven't won a game they were losing in at HT in 3 years.

Up step Dean Smith's Aston Villa...

Soon as I seen that come up on the tv i knew it would be us to end that record 

Edited by rbcuk

Don't think it was that bad. We obviously collapsed and all that is crap. But the performance wasn't that **** horrid. Lost by a deflection and a total dickhead of a homer referee who should be investigated and demoted. 

I'm more disappointed in Luiz and McGinn. We need new blood there. McGinn definitely the worst one. Offered ZILCH. 

We simply don't have a central midfield that's able to compete. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Only when we lose. 

What about the 10 game winning streak? The run to keep us up last season? 

The progress this year?

No one ever mentions it unless we lose. It's hilariously predictable. 

I said his game management was poor, not that he was a poor manager overall.

Today was a poor performance 2nd half, 1st half really bright and could have had 4 or 5 goals

2nd half was some of the worst I have seen us play. I really hope that players like Elmo, McGinn have played themselves out of the team going forward

Ramsey and Traore had zero impact in the second half. Nakamba for either might have stemmed the tide.

Frustrating as I think if we could have kicked on after the first goal we could have destroyed them.

Not sure Deans the man to take us forward. Seems bereft of ideas when the wheels start coming off. Too many games have followed the same pattern of our performance tailing off, yet nothing being done in game to try and change things. Predictably poor second half today.

Just now, Mantis said:

I said his game management was poor, not that he was a poor manager overall.

I know. Funny how his game management only gets mentioned when we lose. The idea that we could progress how much we have in his time here with someone with diabolical game management is laughable. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I know. Funny how his game management only gets mentioned when we lose. The idea that we could progress how much we have in his time here with someone with diabolical game management is laughable. 

Funny how seemingly no criticism of Smith whatsoever is allowed.

Just now, meregreen said:

Not sure Deans the man to take us forward. Seems bereft of ideas when the wheels start coming off. Too many games have followed the same pattern of our performance tailing off, yet nothing being done in game to try and change things. Predictably poor second half today.

Here we go  

Jesus, do we have to turn into this after every loss. 

**** boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure what he thinking with Wesley, Davis and Watkins up top.  Ramsey for Grealish was the sub to make.

Lots of credit in the bank. But the signs are ominous when you give two goals to very mediocre opposition.

Â