Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Only when we lose. 

What about the 10 game winning streak? The run to keep us up last season? 

The progress this year?

No one ever mentions it unless we lose. It's hilariously predictable. 

This is the problem mate, you keep going back to what he has done and not what he is doing now. Just cause he kept us up and went on a winning streak, this does not devoid the man from any criticism. Ranieri won Leicester the Premier League, but they soon F**** him off when he stopped winning games. 

Balanced review, second half was abysmal, out classed by Roy how he changed the game, true or false??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Palace haven't won a game they were losing in at HT in 3 years.

Up step Dean Smith's Aston Villa...

And of course, it’s only “Dean Smith’s Aston Villa” that come along and help teams out to rectify things...previous Villa sides and indeed no other clubs do that whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think midtable will be acceptable next season.

It'll be relative to the spend. If you spend big and invest, you'll expect better returns. That's not exclusive to football. That's any industry or business.

Just now, MaVilla said:

2 wins in the last 12.

Last 12 games, avg. PPG 0.83. (thats a 31/32 point season form over those games)

Unacceptable tbh.

Although it’s not the only reason, not having Grealish has hit us so hard.

Smith needs this window and then should be under a lot more scrutiny of things continue as they are.

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't think it was that bad. We obviously collapsed and all that is crap. But the performance wasn't that **** horrid. Lost by a deflection and a total dickhead of a homer referee who should be investigated and demoted. 

I'm more disappointed in Luiz and McGinn. We need new blood there. McGinn definitely the worst one. Offered ZILCH. 

We simply don't have a central midfield that's able to compete. 

Thought McGinn was outstanding first half personally, as usual though we tired from 60th minute ownwards yet he never gets subbed.

Ramsey was easily worst of the trio today, simply didn't show enough to suggest he should be starting premier league matches I'm afraid.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

And of course, it’s only “Dean Smith’s Aston Villa” that come along and help teams out to rectify things...previous Villa sides and indeed no other clubs do that whatsoever.

See the tweet above mate. I say this with no pleasure.

Most points given away from winning positions in the top 4 leagues.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Smith needs this window and then should be under a lot more scrutiny of things continue as they are.

yeah i edited to comment on Grealish, but that shows even more that even the current team are relegation candidates without Grealish......we have a lot of work to do in the summer.

I agree that this summer will be the test, as if we invest another 100-125m and we dont improve, questions should rightly be asked, but i also totally agree that Smith should be given the summer to build further and see how next season goes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

2 wins in the last 12.

Last 12 games, avg. PPG 0.83. (that form is a 31/32 point season over those games)

Is anyone gonna claim this team is not relegation candidates without Grealish?, this summer is huge i think.

Unacceptable tbh.

"Dean Smith burnout"

Just now, paul514 said:

Can we give a couple of the kids minutes now?

we did, he has been called shit in the match thread and some people dont want him to ever start again.

Must be fun for Chuk, JPB and Barry to get ready for that sort of treatment

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

But it's not a good look for him as a manager if he's all out ideas if his main player is out. Leeds have lost Phillips, Harrsion, Raphinha at various stages. The thing just keeps going. We look markedly worse when we lose our best player.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Thought McGinn was outstanding first half personally, as usual though we tired from 60th minute ownwards yet he never gets subbed.

Ramsey was easily worst of the trio today, simply didn't show enough to suggest he should be starting premier league matches I'm afraid.

I only watched the second half tbh, but he was so bad I would have subbed him right away.

And if a first team player can't hold his own for 90 minutes. Replace him.

FWIW Ramsey was a LOT better than McGinn the second half. By some distance too.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

See the tweet above mate. I say this with no pleasure.

Most points given away from winning positions in the top 4 leagues.

It’s a bad stat, of course it is. But I can’t stand this “Only Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are prone to helping teams break unwanted records.” notion. It’s incorrect.

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s a bad stat, of course it is. But I can’t stand this “Only Dean Smith’s Aston Villa are prone to helping teams break unwanted records.” notion. It’s incorrect.

All media BS too. Meaningless stat.

• Like 1

As per post match thread:

" We aren't going down and we aren't making Europe "

" We barely survived relegation last season "

" We had to build a squad from scratch "

" The bench is shit "

" The referee f*cked us "

" We have no right to be beating an in form Crystal Palace "

" Crystal Palace put x goals past x opposition x weeks ago "

" There is no guarantee changes would change anything "

" Deluded fans throwing their toys out the pram like spoilt children "

Have I missed anything?

Also, what the f*ck does any of the above have to do with basic Game Management, pattern of play watching and pro activity?

Is everyone who has levelled a similar criticism over the course of the season a prick?

• Like 1

Â