Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Nuno who is below Smith in the table? Nuno who hasnt scored a goal vs a Smith team this season?

Wolves are 3 points behind us.

Its embarrassing that wolves could even finish above us now as we were so far ahead of them at one point 

But yeah nunos shit 

Villa fans aren't fickle eh? The lads from brum don't whine more than others?

From midtable championship, to promotion, to league cup final, to survival, to midtable PL in THREE years. While doing a complete rebuild and playing proper good free flowing football.

But no. A few losses and talk of sacking. And that's why this club never gets to where it should be.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As per post match thread:

" We aren't going down and we aren't making Europe "

" We barely survived relegation last season "

" We had to build a squad from scratch "

" The bench is shit "

" The referee f*cked us "

" We have no right to be beating an in form Crystal Palace "

" Crystal Palace put x goals past x opposition x weeks ago "

" There is no guarantee changes would change anything "

" Deluded fans throwing their toys out the pram like spoilt children "

Have I missed anything?

Also, what the f*ck does any of the above have to do with basic Game Management, pattern of play watching and pro activity?

Is everyone who has levelled a similar criticism over the course of the season a prick?

season 6 episode 25 GIF

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Id rather have nuno than smith

I assume because he's foreign and exotic sounding? There is no other reason to want him. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I assume because he's foreign and exotic sounding? There is no other reason to want him. 

Not the fact that he took wolves in Europe in his 1st ywah no? Just his "exotic name"

• Like 1

I have never once seen Palace tear a team apart like they did to us in the second half today. We defended way too deep. The whole team was way too passive. Dean appeared to do nothing about it. In a run of really disappointing results and performances, that was the worst one for me.
I have been on the fence for a long time, sometimes falling either side but never straying too far from a neutral position but having reviewed our form since Christmas and also having a bit of time to reflect I think the time has come to replace Dean. He has had 5 transfer windows to address our midfield and yet they are still weak as dishwater. I genuinely don’t think he sees it. Utterly awful.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Do people remember the O'Neil wars? That band of people that mocked everyone yet were so quick to ignore the skyrocketing wagebill the net spend and the same mistakes being made by management.

'We've never had it so good!'

We have a DOF and the owners seem a bit more clued on so we *should* be ok when it comes to the wage bill. The other points you make are fair enough. I’d rather keep Smith than Nuno though whoever suggested that. Hardly an aspiring upgrade. 

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

From midtable championship, to promotion, to league cup final, to survival, to midtable PL in THREE years. While doing a complete rebuild and playing proper good free flowing football.

But no. A few losses and talk of sacking. And that's why this club never gets to where it should be.

I don't think he should be sacked and we've made remarkable progress but he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes.

• Like 2

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

How is it meaningless?

As a team we have given away 19 points from winning positions this season. This is the joint worst in the top 4 leagues of English football. Before January, we hadn't let a single point go from a winning position. So in 4/5 months, we've given a (most in England) season's worth of points away from winning positions.

As a team, Palace have not won a game that they were losing at half time in THREE years.

Those combined are **** atrocious. There's no spin possible.

It’s the palace stat that I’m saying is meaningless. The giving away the most points from winning positions is more of a concern, I accept.

These kinds of stats happen all the time. Burnley secured their biggest away victory in about 50 years the other week against Wolves. 

“Burnley haven’t scored 4 goals away from home for 50 years, but then along come Nuno’s Wolves....”

You can do this for loads of clubs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't see enough at any point in Ramsey, really poor crosses into the box, poor decision making, just not involved enough. Fine with him as sub for last 20 as he's played well in some of those cameos but today showed why he isn't ready to start prem games as it's not like he was up against great midfielders from opposition let's be honest. Palace two in there were McCarthy who started his first game since Jan and Schlupp who I thought was a winger.

McGinn scored a lovely goal first half and was generally everywhere,  he faded after being booked. I agree him being seen as unsubbable by DS can work against us on occasions as he was just passenger in last 20 minutes and we got overrun.

Hourihane scored goals too.

Being a midfielder you have to cover ground, be combative, offer both offensively and defensively. Ramsey actually made a difference tracking back. McGinn was like an arse shaped traffic cone.

And Ramsey will definitely get better. McGinn probably won't reach another level.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves are 3 points behind us.

Its embarrassing that wolves could even finish above us now as we were so far ahead of them at one point 

But yeah nunos shit 

they are 4 points and have a 21 goal difference swing

Simple question.  Do people think that if Roy Hodgson (for example) had been our manager on 1st January that our 2021 form would be the better, the same or worse than it has been?

I can't be arsed to get into Smith in or out, but the form of the team since January is effing awful. Can't beat the better teams, can't beat the lesser teams, can't defend, mostly boring to watch, even when we go in front we end up losing or at best drawing most of the time. Shambles. 

Everyone blames the players but Leeds have a team mostly of Championship players and are flying, plus they've fixed their defensive issues from earlier on in the season.

I said Smith could be up for manager of the year at Christmas, he'll be nowhere near that honour now. And if this continues into next season he'll also be the first to be sacked if he's not careful.

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

they are 4 points and have a 21 goal difference swing

We have spurs and chelsea left. We can't even beat crappy palace so the odds on them finishing above us are very realistic as we aint beating eithee of those teams

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It’s not a few losses though is it. We have lost as many games since Christmas as anyone, apart from two teams. We also lost to Sheff Utd, despite the fact they had a really weakened team out and played most of the second half against 10 men. You can brush it up as you like but this is not about a run of poor results, it’s a very long run of utterly clueless performances. That’s a fact.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

We have spurs and chelsea left. We can't even beat crappy palace so the odds on them finishing above us are very realistic as we aint beating eithee of those teams

wolves have Everton and United

Just now, allani said:

Simple question.  Do people think that if Roy Hodgson (for example) had been our manager on 1st January that our 2021 form would be the better, the same or worse than it has been?

About the same, maybe. I wouldn’t be happy about it. I’m not massively happy about the form under Smith. But Smith has plenty of goodwill as far as I’m concerned. 

Â