Dean Smith

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Just such poor logic. Wolves have had 2 years on us and we've caught them. 

Look at the years Everton and Arsenal have in their head start on us and we're right behind them. 

That is different. Established pl clubs 

We should be playing catch up to them. We shouldn't be playing catchup to Leeds. 

Edited by villalad21

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That is different. Established pl clubs 

We should be playing catch up to them. We shouldn't be playing catchup to Leeds. 

Potentially 1 point behind them after tomorrow on even games played, with Jack out for a third of the season.

What the **** are you talking about?

We’ve got nothing to worry about with Leeds anyway, because they’re a League 2 level side without Bielsa apparently and he’s overdue leaving the club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Potentially 1 point behind them after tomorrow on even games played, with Jack out for a third of the season.

What the **** are you talking about?

We’ve got nothing to worry about with Leeds anyway, because they’re a League 2 level side without Bielsa apparently and he’s overdue leaving the club.

So we need a fully fit Jack to finish above a team who played championship football last season? 

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

So we need a fully fit Jack to finish above a team who played championship football last season? 

On that logic, Leeds will be relegated like Sheffield Utd next season.

If all you do is focus on the table, you don’t understand football.

• Like 1

We're ahead of 6 sides that had a "headstart" on us but it's more of a problem that one single example to the contrary is currently the case, apparently. 

Some people like saying you're "not allowed an opinion" when in reality it's more the case that if you don't want to have your opinion called mental...you shouldn't say things that are mental.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Nail. Head. 

29 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

Quite, winning matches and gaining points has NOTHING to do with football. 

How could any fool think anything different?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Quite, winning matches and gaining points has NOTHING to do with football. 

How could any fool think anything different?

You may have missed a word from what you were replying to

“If all you do is focus on the table”

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

You may have missed a word from what you were replying to

“If all you do is focus on the table”

No, thanks for the “advice”, but I don’t think I missed anything at all.

If we finish above Leeds, we will have done better than them. If vice versa, the opposite.

There really isn’t any other objective measure.

Edited by briny_ear

And people saying "It doesn't matter if we don't finish above Leeds"

You might as well say it doesn't matter if we don't finish in the top half.

Of course it matters. Finishing in the top half would mean us being more attractive to players in the marked. It would mean more money in the pot. It's also a big confidence booster to the players.

Just letting the season fizzle out and finishing 11th-12th would be seriously frustrating after being in the top half for so long. Not just disappointing for the fans but it will be equally devestating to the players.

I just hate this fan mentality of "We're safe from relegation so who cares?" That's not me. Never will be.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And people saying "It doesn't matter if we don't finish above Leeds"

You might as well say it doesn't matter if we don't finish in the top half.

Of course it matters. Finishing in the top half would mean us being more attractive to players in the marked. It would mean more money in the pot. It's also a big confidence booster to the players.

Just letting the season fizzle out and finishing 11th-12th would be seriously frustrating after being in the top half for so long. Not just disappointing for the fans but it will be equally devestating to the players.

I just hate this fan mentality of "We're safe from relegation so who cares?" That's not me. Never will be.

So one place makes a massive difference? That trophy that you get for finishing 10th is going to make Leeds a really attractive proposition.

The players who finished 17th last season will be absolutely devastated to finish 11th.

You’re not even trying anymore! 

• Like 2

Next season we should be aiming for 50 points and make the FA Cup the priority. Leicester winning has made me want it even more. The league cup would be great but the majic of the FA Cup is back after the Leicester win. 

49 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

No, thanks for the “advice”, but I don’t think I missed anything at all.

If we finish above Leeds, we will have done better than them. If vice versa, the opposite.

There really isn’t any other objective measure.

Extreme example to make a simple point, but if Liverpool had finished 10th on 50 points and West Brom finished 11th on 50 points but with a worse goal difference - have Liverpool done better than the Baggies?

Â