Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

A real top manager would run on and nut one of his own players unconscious so he can make a 4th concussion sub. Smith has shown time and again that he lacks this kind of killer instinct

He’s good, but he’s no Nigel Pearson!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I wonder how many subs he'll use today?  🤔

Bielsa has made a sub already, sitting on a bucket in his back garden. What a breath of fresh air the Argentinian has brought to the Premier League. 

• Haha 1

We haven't played well since the second half of Burnley. Yes weve picked up points but the first half of the season we played well EVERY GAME even if we drew or lost. 

I wouldn't say I'm concerned but we arent playing well and we need to change something. We seem to be found out. 

If ever a game should spell out to him likes of McGinn and Barkley shouldn't be undroppable it was tonight. I'd give Sanson a start v Leicester as he was neat and tidy when he came on.

Easily our worst footballing display since March 2020.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Has less to do with them not working and more to do with them getting outnumbered.

I have symapthy for Luiz and McGinn. Smith not making life easy for them.

How were they outnumbered?  How did Smith not make life easy for them?

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disgraceful performance.

Why he keeps picking Barkley i don't know. Mind boggling stuff.

Talk about this every week... 

Its how we should play, it's our best shape and formation and seemingly how Smith wants us to play

Jack on the left, drags defenders our there to him when they double up, creates a huge hole in the middle

An in form Barkley is the best player in the squad that we have to play in that hole, pre injury we saw it, it worked, post injury barkleys form is so bad that it's not working 

Thing is we can put Nakamba in there, we tried traore in there that didn't work, sanson can't be ready so he's sticking with Ross and hoping for the best

Its not out future shape but el ghazi on the left and Jack middle is looking a better option right now

• Like 1

By no means am I comparing us to Sheffield United - we have way more talent then they ever did, but I feel similar to them at the end of last season and this one, our formula has been found-out by opposing teams. We really need to change things up tactically and in terms of personnel. Smith so far has not shown flexibility.

They completely nullified us today. We haven’t been great for the last 4 games or so but still managed to pick up points, a good sign ultimately!

I hope we learn our lessons though and change it up because we look off, particularly in the midfield. For me Barkley needs to be dropped and McGinn moved out of the deeper role. 

1 minute ago, nepal_villan said:

By no means am I comparing us to Sheffield United - we have way more talent then they ever did, but I feel similar to them at the end of last season and this one, our formula has been found-out by opposing teams. We really need to change things up tactically and in terms of personnel. Smith so far has not shown flexibility.

" Our formula " ?

Mate, if we could pass to our own team mates, and NOT pass to the opposition consistently our lives would be much easier and our attacking players could do the rest.

The basics don't even require a " formula " IMO.

• Like 3

Â