Dean Smith

Demitri_C

my main hope for the first few games this season, is that Smith doesnt repeat the beginning of last season where he stuck with numerous players from the championship side for the first few games on some strange "they deserve their chance" malarkey. (ie: elmo, Taylor etc)

I hope he starts most if not all of the new players (where possible) start, there is a reason we nearly got relegated, we werent good enough.

i would hope Martinez & Watkins are nailed on.

I would be happy if either Cash or Guilbert start, but if he starts Elmo i will roll my eyes.

I dont think Traore is even able to play, but if he is he's prob not fit enough, so prob bench at best (if able), then come on as an impact sub.

My main concern is if Deano looks a bit lost in tough spots like last year and cannot figure what to do tactically, we'll know his ceiling is different to what Aston Villa's needs to be.

I hope an extra years experience and Shakespeare coming in make all the difference. Also JT should have got through the whole womens team by now so should be able to concentrate on the Premiership. 

Other then that Deano needs to have figured out how best to interact with every individual personality and make them understand the difference between pre and post lockdown Konza and Dougie, that extra level of concentration, how to unlock extra gear or 2 or 3 from some.

I hope we get where we're supposed and I hope Deano is there all the way.

Cant wait till Monday.

• Like 3

Starting to get the itch for a post match day rant, but i promise i will go easier on Smith this season.

I feel like he hasn't been properly backed. We are severely lacking quality options in midfield. And Hause, Engels as CB backups are both terrible.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Starting to get the itch for a post match day rant, but i promise i will go easier on Smith this season.

I feel like he hasn't been properly backed. We are severely lacking quality options in midfield. And Hause, Engels as CB backups are both terrible.

wtf GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Hasn't been backed properly? Over £200 million spent in the last 12 months.   How much were you expecting him to spend?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Hasn't been backed properly? Over £200 million spent in the last 12 months.   How much were you expecting him to spend?

How are we supposed to compete with Hause and Engels as defensive backups?

Lansbury and Nakamba...

We all know Targett's defensive limitations.

We can field a decent starting XI but once we get a couple of injuries we are screwed.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How are we supposed to compete with Hause and Engels as defensive backups?

Lansbury and Nakamba...

We can field a decent starting XI but once we get a couple of injuries we are screwed.

It's not going to happen overnight. Dean Smith showed bollox after lockdown. He admitted he was wrong and started to make changes. He made tweaks during games too.

Before lockdown he didn't do this. We played one way and the opposition made changes and tweaks to how they pass or their positioning and we were done. After lockdown he made the tweaks and he changed the positioning and the way we play during games.

Squad's take seasons to build. And each layer is going to be more expensive than the previous one. This season we've spent 85m on 4 players. The fact we've bought a striker, keeper and a wide forward tells me Smith is learning and developing into the role. 

I'm being won over by Dean Smith and I believe he'll get the job done. Post lockdown he has given me massive reasons to be confident in him. That goes for building the squad too he's increasing the quality now. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Targett will go to the Euros. Certainly now with Watkins up front I expect his very clever crossing to generate far more assists.

Weird Sulberto I know you were quoting villalad - not sure why it shows as your quote.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion Targett will go to the Euros. Certainly now with Watkins up front I expect his very clever crossing to generate far more assists.

Weird Sulberto I know you were quoting villalad - not sure why it shows as your quote.

My reaction to People mistaking me for the aforementioned ahem.....

Happy Hour Reaction GIF

Edited by Sulberto21

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

How do you ignore someone? Can't take much more of these idiotic posts

If you click on your name in the top right corner Ignored Users should come up in the list, then add his name and save it.  Only thing is you will still see plenty of people quoting him and you see many of the posts anyway but it's better than nothing.  Tbh I have a pretty low tolerance for people in here and ignore about 25 users.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

If you click on your name in the top right corner Ignored Users should come up in the list, then add his name and save it.  Only thing is you will still see plenty of people quoting him and you see many of the posts anyway but it's better than nothing.  Tbh I have a pretty low tolerance for people in here and ignore about 25 users.

Can people tell you are ignoring them Other than not responding to your posts

Â