Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Smith will now begin his transfers, he said a plan was put in place for both scenarios, so it looks like work will begin straight away by him and the staff.

Do wonder if Villa Park will be having some work done now to increase stadium cap and possibly adapt VP for more money making opportunity's.

I am as excited even more with what Smith has planned, he can truly focus on a premier league build in his own image.

I bet today is one day that he just couldn't resist not taking his work home with him, brilliant job done.

Every goal 2018/2019

well done Villa..

I suppose I'd best prepare for September, I said to my son last year only way I'm buying fifa 20 this year is if Villa are a premier team once again.

What were the chances of that happening, can't wait for fifa now, a premier fifa ultimate team I shall have.

Do wonder if they will receive a stat boost till then now our lads are premier again.

GK- De Gea

LB- Van Aanholt

CB- Mings 

CB- Sanchez

CB- Vanduck

RB- Aurier

CAM- Grealish

CM- Mcginn

RW- Adams

LW- Vitola

ST- Diego Costa

I can Dream 😁--->😍

How much would that team cost us everyone??

Edited by Dave-R

Like I have said previously.  I don't want 'BIG NAME MERCENARIES' just because we may be able to afford it.  They have no real love for the club.  Progressive is what I want to see with us developing players to meet their full potential.  In that way, the players will have an affection for the club as they grow with it.  Next season, just staying in the prem with a low mid table finish will do me with us creating a squad that grow stronger and stronger each season. 

It will be interesting to see who comes in over the summer.  I wouldn't mind us going for some of the Derby players TBH, Wilson (despite being a little petulant at times yesterday) and Mount would be good signings; as will Bowen from Hull and Lolley from Forest.  Wonder if we will still go for that lad from Luton??

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Like I have said previously.  I don't want 'BIG NAME MERCENARIES' just because we may be able to afford it.  They have no real love for the club.  Progressive is what I want to see with us developing players to meet their full potential.  In that way, the players will have an affection for the club as they grow with it.  Next season, just staying in the prem with a low mid table finish will do me with us creating a squad that grow stronger and stronger each season. 

It will be interesting to see who comes in over the summer.  I wouldn't mind us going for some of the Derby players TBH, Wilson (despite being a little petulant at times yesterday) and Mount would be good signings; as will Bowen from Hull and Lolley from Forest.  Wonder if we will still go for that lad from Luton??

Completely agree with the 1st paragraph.

Look at the hatred towards certain players when we went down. Its taken us 3 years to build back a squad linked to the fans and each other. That's going to be key for us. 

We can't go and do a fulham.

• Like 1

Exactly mate and it was the fact that these players were getting paid more money than we can even dream about and showed no fight or passion for the club that we all love!  This is why looking the squad in the last two months, there is a real harmony and collective and that can create a 12th man on the pitch.  'He who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother!'

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I love Dean Smith. I hope he’s our manager for the next 10 years.

He'll do for me. 

He reminds me of Saunders on the touchline a bit as well and our star player is a brummie again 36 years later.😀  

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good morning villa talk what a beautiful morning. The most beautiful of all! 

Good morning indeed to all you happy fellow Villans.

It feels good to be back amongst the Elite, folks.

To quote Ric Flair..  "Woooooooooooo"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He can still be a mid table manager in Premier League! You just wait and see

How about taking a day off, yeah?

He has just delivered to the biggest prize this club has ever achieved since 37 years almost to the day and you're still looking for flaws.

Seriously, STFU and join in the celebrations!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

GK- De Gea

LB- Van Aanholt

CB- Mings 

CB- Sanchez

CB- Vanduck

RB- Aurier

CAM- Grealish

CM- Mcginn

RW- Adams

LW- Vitola

ST- Diego Costa

I can Dream 😁--->😍

How much would that team cost us everyone??

Is this FIFA team as it's a bit poo. DDG was junk last season. Very low CS and PVA played for the =16th worst PL team for home results. Also 3511 dafuq???

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 hours ago, Ponky said:

Reading Dean's comments about his dad almost destroyed me. My dad's starting to show signs of dementia and this just really hit me in the feels. To think his dad has probably missed out on one of the proudest moments of both their lives is devastating 😢

So sorry to hear about your dad mate, I hope that you get through it the best you can, not going to lie, it is a very painful experience, but please treasure every moment you have with your old man. I lost my mum last year and I know what you and our gaffer is going through.

It really got to me too when he spoke about him and puts everything into perspective. Doesn't stop us loving our football or our football club and days like yesterday will be with us for the rest of our lives.

Thank you Dean, you have been a breath of fresh air, hope we all show patience next season with him, it will be even tougher but we are in the right hands for sure.

• Like 1

Class act ... he certainly didn’t need to give a shout out to Bruce but that he did speaks volumes for the guy .

i’ll admit at the time I liked the idea of Henry and didn’t think Smith was the way forward ... it’s probably why Purslow got the job ahead of me :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even if we struggle or even go down let's stick with Smith. He will bring us straight back. 

It”s unusual but not unheard of. Unless the relationship between the manager and the club/players/fans has become toxic (which is less likely with Smith at Villa than other managers), there’s a lot to be said for keeping a manager who has proven he can get us promoted and plays decent football to watch. Just because it’s sensible, it doesn’t mean it will happen though!

I was worried that the move to Villa would be too big for him. 

I was wrong, I thankfully! 

Get in Deano, the turn around since February was amazing and you and your team deserve a lot of credit for it. 

The speech about his dad was very touching. Obviously an emotional time for him and to come in and be like this is amazing.

• Like 1

Â