Dean Smith

Demitri_C

13 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

This is scarily professional from both. Won. Parked. Moving on.

Absolutely fantastic interview and as others have said very professional.

Interesting to hear they both thought Rotherham away was pivotal, which it undoubtedly was! 

This season reminded me a bit of 1974/5 season when we were promoted second to Man U. And Smith in some ways reminds me of Saunders.

During the last 10 games of 74/75 we were unstoppable, winning 9 and losing only one. We scored 29 with only 4 against.

Although our first season 1975/76 back wasnt great, (16th) even then we all knew Saunders was the man and was going to take us places. It was a amazing time to be a Villa fan as many here will recall. 

It is great to remember how we progressed.

1976/77 - 4th

1977/78 - 8th

1978/79 - 8th

1979/80 - 7th

1980/81 - League Champions

1981/82 - European Champions

I know people will say times have changed but if Spurs can challenge, so can we EVENTUALLY!

Up the Villa!! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

villalad in. He knows tactics.

If Terry does end up taking the 'Boro job, the club should do everything in their power to bring Villalad in to replace him because of tactics. 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Terry does end up taking the 'Boro job, the club should do everything in their power to bring Villalad in to replace him because of tactics. 

I wouldn't trust him with tic tacs let alone tactics.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

You have to change up your tactics against the top 6 sides in order to get a result

Great.

He didn't say anything to suggest he wouldn't do that.

Another good bit in the interview - what was the biggest factor in the turn round? Answer: the January purchases to sort out the defence. 

Translation: Mings. Sign him up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's not moaning, i disagree with the approach.

You have to change up your tactics against the top 6 sides in order to get a result

Who needs Deano when we’ve got Villalad21? 

Bet you got Forest Green into the Champions League on Football Manager. 

• Haha 1

Good to read the positive posts and love for Dean on here and the ones who have put there hands up for being critical in the past and us fans all know this is the best it gets as far as fans being united.There is a great picture of Dean with Jack lifting the cup Monday and really hope some remember that high when things  may go a bit off the tracks next season and give Dean and Richard time to rectify it.My hope is we can get up next year and welcome Dean and Villa to our new stadium the following season.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Good to read the positive posts and love for Dean on here and the ones who have put there hands up for being critical in the past and us fans all know this is the best it gets as far as fans being united.There is a great picture of Dean with Jack lifting the cup Monday and really hope some remember that high when things  may go a bit off the tracks next season and give Dean and Richard time to rectify it.My hope is we can get up next year and welcome Dean and Villa to our new stadium the following season.

How are you guys getting along with your new manager?, he he doing the business?, how do you think you will do next season?

Do the Brentford fans have any opinions on what Deano has done at Villa?

Since Deano joined Villa and became the messiah, Brentford and their project have kind of become my fave championship team / second team (now we are promoted :) )

Edited by MaVilla

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I've not been around for a few months, have I missed anything? :)

This is a thing we I suppose are going to have to get used to, glory hunting fans. 🤣

Welcome back buddy, me and my lad were there and it was probably the best experience hugging him at full time, so I can only imagine your joy.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How are you guys getting along with your new manager?, he he doing the business?, how do you think you will do next season?

Do the Brentford fans have any opinions on what Deano has done at Villa?

Since Deano joined Villa and became the messiah, Brentford and their project have kind of become my fave championship team / second team (now we are promoted :) )

Thomas Frank after a poor run that started before Dean left has done an excellent job and got us to another top half finish.In a season where we  sold 7 players and got over 35£million in fees and lost our manager I see that as a good achievement.Most of our fans wish Dean well and after the events of our home game with Derby where one of our fans was wrongly accused of racial abuse towards one of their players and has now been cleared we were all cheering Villa on.There was also another incentive as Villa now have to pay usanother 1.5 mill on the Hogan fee due to your promotion.

If we can hang on to most of our our players along with the expected new signings we could we be in the mix at the end of the season.Dean worked well with Thomas over 2 seasons and believe they both learnt a lo off each other.

Ive been in Deans company and his brother who came to a couple of bees away games and he is a down to earth decent bloke who’s story about his poor dad had me in tears even though I knew of his illness

anyway I do go on a bit good luck next season Brighton Sheffield United and Norwich I think will go down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Thomas Frank after a poor run that started before Dean left has done an excellent job and got us to another top half finish.In a season where we  sold 7 players and got over 35£million in fees and lost our manager I see that as a good achievement.Most of our fans wish Dean well and after the events of our home game with Derby where one of our fans was wrongly accused of racial abuse towards one of their players and has now been cleared we were all cheering Villa on.There was also another incentive as Villa now have to pay usanother 1.5 mill on the Hogan fee due to your promotion.

If we can hang on to most of our our players along with the expected new signings we could we be in the mix at the end of the season.Dean worked well with Thomas over 2 seasons and believe they both learnt a lo off each other.

Ive been in Deans company and his brother who came to a couple of bees away games and he is a down to earth decent bloke who’s story about his poor dad had me in tears even though I knew of his illness

anyway I do go on a bit good luck next season Brighton Sheffield United and Norwich I think will go down.

another 1.5m for Hogan?, lol :facepalm:  :)

I'm so happy we've pulled this off, and especially happy to have done so with Dean. 

I've been coming to villa regularly since O'Leary - this is easily the most stylish brand of football we've played in that time, with a manager a number of people wrote off as not big enough. The turn around from October is huge. The bond between players and fans never stronger. So much pride in what the coaching staff have pulled together. 

Aston Villa. Prepared. 

11 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We won't beat the top 6 sides by playing the way we do.

When the opponent got better players in all areas of the pitch you have to tweak you're tactics

It's absolutely beyond me why you didn't apply for the Villa job in October. I'm confident you would have guided us well beyond the midtable 9th place finish that Dean Smith achieved this season. Wait...

Absolutely brilliant day on Monday

Fantastic achievement by the club considering where we were earlier in the season

Great for my kids to see the Villa turn up and win at last when it really mattered at Wembley

I have 100% faith in Dean Smith & co to deliver what we all want in the seasons to come. 

It’s fantastic to have Villa fans as manager and captain and so many people associated with the club who seem to really care

I suspect next season will be tough and there may be some difficult periods that we will have to endure.

What they will need then is plenty of time and patience from all of the fans. No calls for Dean Smith to be sacked like we saw earlier on in the season by a minority of fans.

I can remember just before the Derby game at home, hoping we’d get something just to take the pressure off Dean Smith as his job was on the line. How crazy is that looking back!

But that is what a minority of fans can do, even though the majority probably don’t agree with them.

If there’s one thing we should have learnt from Dean Smith and the current setup, it’s teamwork and unity is everything. As soon as you lose that, you’re on a slippery slope

It’s an exciting time to be a Villa fan

UTV

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

this almost brought a tear to my eye 😥

Yeah Coldplay does that to you , thankfully you can watch the video with mute on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â