Dean Smith

Demitri_C

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I for one am shocked that you've found something to moan about this week.

It's not moaning, i disagree with the approach.

You have to change up your tactics against the top 6 sides in order to get a result

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You have to change up your tactics against the top 6 sides in order to get a result

From the man who wanted smith sacked. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually agree with you to an extent.

But trying to win games doesn’t mean all out attack.   You’ve interpreted Smiths comments as playing open attacking football against the top 6 and getting spanked. 

I see it as not fearing any team and having the mindset to try and win the game. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

I have to say I have not seen team spirit like this in many many years. You look at how the players interact with each other and the way they are with ecah other on social media. It's brilliant to see.

Smith terry nd Co have done a incredible job there and i believe that's a massive reason we achieved what we have. 

Only Villa fans can find things to PRE MOAN about.

How about we wait until the end of the transfer window/pre season to see what our team looks like before deciding Dean Smith is an idiot?

He has rightly said we will try to win every game.

That doesn't necessarily mean he will be setting us up carelessly.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually agree with you to an extent.

But trying to win games doesn’t mean all out attack.   You’ve interpreted Smiths comments as playing open attacking football against the top 6 and getting spanked. 

I see it as not fearing any team and having the mindset to try and win the game. 

We won't beat the top 6 sides by playing the way we do.

When the opponent got better players in all areas of the pitch you have to tweak you're tactics

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You are and have been on the lamest windup for months. Go have a rest.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Wolves 1-1 Man City

Man Utd 1-1 Wolves

Wolves 2-3 Spurs

Arsenal 1-1 Wolves

Wolves 2-1 Chelsea

Wolves 0-2 Liverpool

Spurs 1-3 Wolves

Wolves 2-1 Liverpool

Man City 3-0 Wolves

Chelsea 1-1 Wolves

Wolves 2-1 Man Utd

Wolves 2-1 Man Utd

Wolves 3-1 Arsenal 

Liverpool 2-0 wolves 

Wolves would play a slightly different system against the top 6 but they still went there to take points and they did pretty well, none of them games did they just sit back with 10 men behind the ball and pray for a draw. 

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

When the opponent got better players in all areas of the pitch you have to tweak you're tactics

You're interpreting all that yourself. He has changed his tactics plenty of times throughout the season. I imagine 'trying to win' from a manager's point of view entails a lot of tweaking tactics.

You are hilarious. Smith Out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What? Like Derby changed their tactics to play against us? Worked out well for them.

You play to your strengths. That is how long term success is achieved. Having a philosophy and following it through. Not changing the way you play depending on who you're up against.

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How many goals have we conceded since beating derby 4-0?  You give our defensive side no credit. 

We do need a new defensive midfielder though desperately.

What striking about that interview, is the interview itself. Not often you will see a chief executive sit down with a manager and do a joint interview. I think it shows a massive show of faith in Smith and also shows that they trust each other enough to give the same message across in an interview regarding the future of the club. 

I think that's one of the fundamentally beneficial things about having a head coach over a manager. Smith undoubtedly has a significant influence over the club's strategy, but ultimately it's not up to him to, it's up to the team of three, the CEO, the sporting director and the head coach. 

It's seems like a good model for us, a club that have lurched from one failed strategy to another with each different manager. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How many goals have we conceded since beating derby 4-0?  You give our defensive side no credit. 

Do I?

I'm not talking about the Championship mate, i'm questioning what is the best way to get results against the top 6 sides in the Prem.

Wolves should be the inspiration. Playing deep and catch them on the counter with many players forward.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Do I?

I'm not talking about the Championship mate, i'm questioning what is the best way to get results against the top 6 sides in the Prem.

Wolves should be the inspiration. Playing deep and catch them on the counter with many players forward.

Who says we won’t play that way against top 6 teams?   Whether you’ve meant it or not I think you’ve turned Smiths comments of trying to win every game in to negative mate. 

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

What striking about that interview, is the interview itself. Not often you will see a chief executive sit down with a manager and do a joint interview. I think it shows a massive show of faith in Smith and also shows that they trust each other enough to give the same message across in an interview regarding the future of the club. 

I think that's one of the fundamentally beneficial things about having a head coach over a manager. Smith undoubtedly has a significant influence over the club's strategy, but ultimately it's not up to him to, it's up to the team of three, the CEO, the sporting director and the head coach. 

It's seems like a good model for us, a club that have lurched from one failed strategy to another with each different manager. 

You could tell he was sitting next to his boss. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A team that has just got promoted from the Championship will struggle to match the top 6 sides playing the way they do?

Well **** me, that's a new one on me. I've renewed my passport and everything for CL nights.

Wish you had told me before.

Â