Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Would suggest that the bet is void given the promotion & all that...

If you roll it over to next season & we are challenging for top 2 in January i'll gladly double the initial bet ;)

Ha you’re alright mate. 

I’ll happily bet we’ll stay up though. I admit that’s blind faith though as we currently have around 3 or 4 players in the squad that are good enough for the top flight.

It will be a very busy summer!

I think him being a Villa fan hides in the media what a bloody good manager he is.

He has built a team im such a short time and the players have bought into it. Players like McGinn, Mings, Tammy, El Ghazi are great characters but you would think they are 5 year veterans of the club the way they believe im Aston Villa.

The lads reactions at Leeds and Birmingham to 2 stupid incidents showed an unbreakable spirit. "weak" players like Taylor and Hourihane fighting for the badge

• Like 3

Just for the record, we had one hell of a run boys towards the end of the season!

Including the playoffs, the last 16 games are as follows:

Won:       12       (10 x League / 2 Playoffs)

Drawn:      2       (2 x League)

Lost:         2       (1 x League / 1 x playoffs)

what a run........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What a fine coach this man is. Everyone to a man seemed genuinely happy for Dean Smith.

The quintessential unassuming man. 

He has made Villa Park the fortress it should be, hopefully it stays that way in the Premier league. If he keeps to his way of playing the game and with a better standard of player to implement that way, then the sky's the limit. 

It's great to mention Villa with such aplomb. 

Dean Smith: “People might laugh at me, but when we come up against the likes of Pep Guardiola (at Man City), and Jurgen Klopp (at Liverpool) I want to try and win them games. That’s how we will approach it.”

Dear, i can see some real ugly defeats next season, hopefully we can sign enough quality to be competitive against the average sides though.

Edited by villalad21

16 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Positive as always!!!!

Sorry....I've fed it haven't I??

My friend, there is an ignore function. The posts used to raise my blood pressure a few mmHg. Not so much now. 

What an opportunity for Smith though. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere today that Purslow was given a remit of finding a manager that wanted to playing attractive, attacking football. He's happy that he's found that in Dean Smith. Why would anyone at the club want to simply lay down and have our bellies rubbed whilst getting thrashed 5 or 6 nil by the likes of Citeh and the smeggers? I'd rather see us try to give them a game than just cave in. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith: “People might laugh at me, but when we come up against the likes of Pep Guardiola (at Man City), and Jurgen Klopp (at Liverpool) I want to try and win them games. That’s how we will approach it.”

Dear, i can see some real ugly defeats next season, hopefully we can sign enough quality to be competitive against the average sides though.

I want our manager to approach tough games like this, rather than the Lambert method of "Hey!  We're Aston Villa!  We can't expect to beat teams like Everton & Man City!" and stick 10 men behind the ball, have 40% possession, with a gameplan consisting of just lump the ball to Benteke to try to score a wondergoal every single game...  I'd rather get relegated and continue to rebuild using the parachute payments while playing dynamic attacking football than to have to live through the crap we had to witness the last 4-5 seasons when we were in the the Premier League.  This season is going to be tough and a learning experience for everyone.  Mistakes will be made by the scouting department, the manager, and the players, but we'll grow from it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think anyone in the history of this forum has been so wrong than you. And yet you continue with this nonsense. I can only assume it is now just for attention

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Loved that interview.

I'm glad they are thinking the same as me. I celebrated yesterday, today it's all forgotten and i'm focused on next season.

I get them concentrating on next year, it’s their job. They have to prepare and it’s very professional to do so. 

But why are you? Enjoy the moment for the next few weeks. I haven’t stopped smiling and watching videos of the players celebrate all day. Tomorrow when in  work I’m going to laud it over other fans and discuss it in detail with the villa fans

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Dean so any ambitions set for the Premier League, top 10 finish maybe?"

"We'll try to finish first, try to win every football game, why tell your fans you're aiming to finish 12th? Doesn't wash with me"

BOSS

Haha, Purslow's reaction!

He wanted to back him up but was so taken aback he could hardly choke the words out.

Deano, you're great. You're mad, but you're great.

• Haha 2

Â