Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I get them concentrating on next year, it’s their job. They have to prepare and it’s very professional to do so. 

But why are you? Enjoy the moment for the next few weeks. I haven’t stopped smiling and watching videos of the players celebrate all day. Tomorrow when in  work I’m going to laud it over other fans and discuss it in detail with the villa fans

It's just the way i am.

I look at it as a job well done, we finished 5th and won the play offs, yesterday was a fantastic day, but it's time to move on now.

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Loved that interview.

I'm glad they are thinking the same as me. I celebrated yesterday, today it's all forgotten and i'm focused on next season.

So this was you yesterday?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ3LwTZmOWLRE_0_KEOEVs

This is you today? 

Man-staying-focused.jpg

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

"Dean so any ambitions set for the Premier League, top 10 finish maybe?"

"We'll try to finish first, try to win every football game, why tell your fans you're aiming to finish 12th? Doesn't wash with me"

BOSS

Exactly the right approach too...why should we go into games and accept defeat because it's Ci£eh...would rather die trying than trying to keep score down like Watford!!

Loved the bit about parade too....quite rightly so!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I feel like I'm in a dream. Everything is just perfect. We've suffered so much that we deserve this.

This for me too. Even during the throw money approach of the Lerner era, we spent money on expensive crap apart from maybe 3 players.  I think we are now a proper club from top to bottom.

What a guy ❤️

Have to hold my hands up and say I was wary on whether or not he was the right man for the job way back in the early days of this season when the tide was beginning to really turn against Bruce and his name was being thrown about, I grew more warm to the idea of him being manager the stronger the Thierry Henry links got though (small tangent but Jesus, can you imagine where we are in the alternative universe where he actually got the job...). Still and all I expected him to have to take stock for the remainder of the season and then still be left with a massive job on his hands come August without the likes of Grealish, increased financial woes etc.

It's been a collective effort but what an amazing feat from him, especially given the context of the borderline professional negligence of Bruce that he had to take over from (the Chester story shines is one SB should rightly take a lot of criticism for). I'm at the tail-end of a Grealish-esque celebration and feeling emotional but I couldn't be any happier for him, comes across as a great man and I hope he can take comfort in knowing how proud his dad must be of him.

• Like 2

Love this guy. Yeah we should play to win each game.

Sure lots of teams in the Premier league will have more expensive players. But as many people learnt the hard way playing against Dean Smith's Brentford (or Naarwich or Blades tbf) teams that attack and are tactically modern are a threat for anyone.

42 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Exactly the right approach too...why should we go into games and accept defeat because it's Ci£eh...would rather die trying than trying to keep score down like Watford!!

Loved the bit about parade too....quite rightly so!

That isn't what Watford did, at all. They tried to win the game, got pumped, but at the very least they tried. I have enormous respect for how they approached that game and I'm sure Smith will too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Glad i'm not in charge as i would have got rid of him before the derby game in March. Not convinced he's the messiah but he has achieved something i thought was well beyond his capabilities so who knows what is possible from here.

Yes, I was guilty of a touch of sillyness regarding saying DS should be replaced in around Feb time, even as far back as the polls as who should replace Bruce - DS was suggested - which was baffling at the time too, but you know what? 

Well done Dean Smith for proving and showing me I don't have a f***ing clue! :D

Best humble pie ever - You are a Villa Legend! Well done Dean!    :flag::hooray:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

My friend, there is an ignore function. The posts used to raise my blood pressure a few mmHg. Not so much now. 

What an opportunity for Smith though. 

I don't understand why that one isn't on everybody's ignore. Been on mine for most of the season since I copped on to what the schtick was. And people don't just not have on ignore, they don't practically ignore by being drawn into engaging. Dungeddit myself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Haha, Purslow's reaction!

He wanted to back him up but was so taken aback he could hardly choke the words out.

Deano, you're great. You're mad, but you're great.

That was funny as ****. A strangled "100%" was the best the loquacious wordsmith could muster for that one but I loved Smith's delivery answering the question.

It was like, "WTF? You think I'm here to whistle Dixie as we get boned by teams we've convinced ourselves because the media have told everyone they are our betters?"

The difference between Aston Villa Aston Villa understanding Aston Villa and Purslow Aston Villa talking about Aston Villa celebrating cups and titles.

10 hours ago, KMitch said:

His whole personality and appearance is the complete opposite of someone of what the media wants to see from a football manager. 

My last point on Deano for the moment. He said something post game that was very telling. it went something like he was asked what kind of manager he was and he said he tried to be the manager he would have wanted to be managed by.

There is is no finer sentiment than that for a manager to live their working life by in any profession. Unfortunately, most people won't have a manger like that, they'll find themselves working for a word removed.

• Like 2

Â