The NSWE Board

Guest av1

On 17/12/2020 at 12:37, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. The American leagues have some good ideas to try and allow teams to keep big name players. 

I agree the USA sports set up is designed to be prosperous for all and they do all make a lot of money and part of the reason for that is not dulling down the leagues with the same rich teams winning everything and diluting the interest in the league because they recognise competitive leagues as good for the overall brand. In football other than in England and to a certain extent Spain the European leagues have winners who are on 8,9 year winning streaks how can that be entertaining and sellable when you no the final outcome to the product before it’s even started.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree the USA sports set up is designed to be prosperous for all and they do all make a lot of money and part of the reason for that is not dulling down the leagues with the same rich teams winning everything and diluting the interest in the league because they recognise competitive leagues as good for the overall brand. In football other than in England and to a certain extent Spain the European leagues have winners who are on 8,9 year winning streaks how can that be entertaining and sellable when you no the final outcome to the product before it’s even started.

Whilst I really want to agree with you, the growing tv/internet audience is mostly made up of Asian football fans who almost exclusively support the said teams. They would not want to see teams like Villa threatening to break up the big team monopoly. Same in Spain the only teams with a global brand are Real and Barca and so on. The system wants the same brands to be competing with each other year after year after year  hence the demand for a expanded European super league.

8 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

No idea 

Lewis-Hamilton-1409212.jpg?r=15330121792

On 17/12/2020 at 08:14, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Should be a PL ruling that a club can pay a homegrown player who has come through the academy whatever they like too without it being offset against FFP. Jack should be allowed to earn his worth with us instead of being tempted elsewhere if bigger wages are offered.

That’s a really good idea, or at least even say if they’re home grown talent then only 50 of their wages can be counted within FFP. 

Very good idea 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Whilst I really want to agree with you, the growing tv/internet audience is mostly made up of Asian football fans who almost exclusively support the said teams. They would not want to see teams like Villa threatening to break up the big team monopoly. Same in Spain the only teams with a global brand are Real and Barca and so on. The system wants the same brands to be competing with each other year after year after year  hence the demand for a expanded European super league.

And how long before the top 4 teams in the super league want to stop the teams below threatening there dominance and then you have the same issue within the European league as exists in all the other leagues. I know Asian supporters put money into the league but should they really influence the English league? No they shouldn’t but they will. 

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

And how long before the top 4 teams in the super league want to stop the teams below threatening there dominance and then you have the same issue within the European league as exists in all the other leagues. I know Asian supporters put money into the league but should they really influence the English league? No they shouldn’t but they will. 

££££

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

They must have a fast track to stockley park too.....the influence resonates loudly.

They seem intent on hampering our progress.....If Emi belted one in from his goal area, they would find it offside.

• Like 2

You have to laugh with the lack of research by Premier League broadcasters.

Optus Sport have the rights for the Premier League in Australia and they've tweeted out a wish list for clubs over Christmas. There's for Villa is selling Grealish for 100m pound will set Villa up for years to come... Just dumb.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, QldVilla said:

You have to laugh with the lack of research by Premier League broadcasters.

Optus Sport have the rights for the Premier League in Australia and they've tweeted out a wish list for clubs over Christmas. There's for Villa is selling Grealish for 100m pound will set Villa up for years to come... Just dumb.

Set us up for years to come?

errr no, jack is not replaceable hence the kind of price tag attached.

The is less than 50 players in the world who could move for a fee like that and they don’t move to us.

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Set us up for years to come?

errr no, jack is not replaceable hence the kind of price tag attached.

The is less than 50 players in the world who could move for a fee like that and they don’t move to us.

Most commentators and football broadcasters are like goldfish, they don’t remember what happened 5 minutes ago. They forget that Man City was in the old Div 3 twenty-one years ago, or that Leicester were in League 1 eleven years ago and so on...

So Villa can’t possibly break into the Top 6 and be successful again, it ruins their narrative.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2020 at 09:06, punkiller1981 said:

The thing about US sports is that there isn't actually any parity. Take basketball for instance most relevant since edens owns the bucks. Only 19 of 30 teams have ever won the championship, 11 teams have won the last 37. 2 teams have combined for 34 of the 74 total championships.

Over the last 10 years lebron James has been in the finals 9 times, the heat have been in the finals 5 times, the warriors have been in the finals 5 times, the San antonio spurs have been in it twice (and been in the finals 4 other times since 1999 - winning it 5 times in total). Lakers twice (one on the backend of a 3peat). Oklahoma City once but there best player has been in it 3 other times since.

And only 3 teams have won rings in the last 10 years that hadn't already won one. One was LeBrons team, one was the raptors after getting the San Antonio spurs best player and the other was the Dallas Mavericks having made the finals 5 years earlier.

The leagues highest ever ratings were when there are dynasties. Lebron, the Shaq/KOBE lakers, the pau kobe lakers, the warriors, the showtime lakers and the Jordan Bulls.

The point is that the championships still aren't spread out evenly. And that when they are it hurts the leagues. This is because it prevents casual bandwagoners from jumping in and enjoying the sport.

Sure the rise and falls of the teams are a lot more sudden because your players can't easily be poached and you generally have control over them for their first 9 seasons. But teams in bigger markets have a massive advantage as players team up and join each other on different teams. And even with the measures they put in place the only super stars who have stayed on their teams are Steph Curry, Damian Lillard and Giannis Antetokoumpo and that is like 3 of 20 guys who command that level of money.

And we don't know the final outcome no matter what. How many times have people predicted Barca to win the champions League over the last 5 seasons probably 3 or 4 times they were the favourites but in the end they choked every time. 

On 22/12/2020 at 13:47, TRO said:

They must have a fast track to stockley park too.....the influence resonates loudly.

They seem intent on hampering our progress.....If Emi belted one in from his goal area, they would find it offside.

Exactly this. 

That right there is the reason in my opinion that we have people trying to recreate the rules almost on a weekly basis to suit whatever outcome they want from that weeks particular games & circumstances thrown up during those games. They fear the randomness of games as it could derail the desired outcome.... How can you ensure the dominance of the favoured and thus appease the massive TV income generating swathes over in Asia etc without creating some muddy waters? Like inventing a new human arm which suddenly encorporates part of the shoulder part way through a season which could be "interpreted" in whatever way you want to help you get the result you want. 

#Dodgy as heck.

I predict they will never stop meddling with VAR and will keep on introducing new rules which do nothing more than create blurred lines around the egdes. Otherwise manipulation of results is more difficult.

Our board on the other hand are doing a fabulous job in my view. Keep up the good work NSWE

Edited by danceoftheshamen

21 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Exactly this. 

That right there is the reason in my opinion that we have people trying to recreate the rules almost on a weekly basis to suit whatever outcome they want from that weeks particular games & circumstances thrown up during those games. They fear the randomness of games as it could derail the desired outcome.... How can you ensure the dominance of the favoured and thus appease the massive TV income generating swathes over in Asia etc without creating some muddy waters? Like inventing a new human arm which suddenly encorporates part of the shoulder part way through a season which could be "interpreted" in whatever way you want to help you get the result you want. 

#Dodgy as heck.

I predict they will never stop meddling with VAR and will keep on introducing new rules which do nothing more than create blurred lines around the egdes. Otherwise manipulation of results is more difficult.

Our board on the other hand are doing a fabulous job in my view. Keep up the good work NSWE

I don't understand, why the offside rule is not governed by daylight between torso's, like the ball over the line....i.e if there is no daylight between 2 players torso's they are on side......if there is, they are off side.

Edited by TRO

21 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Exactly this. 

#Dodgy as heck.

I find it a bit concerning how many people on this forum genuinely seem to believe that VAR is some kind of conspiracy by the Illuminati to hold Villa back.

The people in charge of implementing VAR in football are clearly idiots and the marginal calls do (and always have) favour the big teams, but this conspiracy stuff is on the same level as the anti-vaxx nonsense that sadly seems all too common these days.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

I find it a bit concerning how many people on this forum genuinely seem to believe that VAR is some kind of conspiracy by the Illuminati to hold Villa back.

The people in charge of implementing VAR in football are clearly idiots and the marginal calls do (and always have) favour the big teams, but this conspiracy stuff is on the same level as the anti-vaxx nonsense that sadly seems all too common these days.

Obviously you don’t know what VAR stands for...‘Villa of Aston Rejected’

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

For clarifiction I don't think it is "to hold Villa Back" actually but rather more to Keep the few favoured teams at the top to keep the zillions coming in from the overseas TV "fans".  I think it is much more ridiculous to think that the people at Stockley Park who have been put in charge of making the decisions are actually totally stupid. If that was the case why would they be put there in the first place and why having proven their idiocy repeatedly week in week out for so long have they not been changed for people who have a greater understanding and are not so incompetent? .., The only thing which makes sense is that the people who put them there are very happy with the way they are manipulating results in favour of the few teams who nearly always benefit. You even said yourself in your post that the same teams have always benefitted... How so?! 

Before it was always due to"Referees being under pressure from the home crowds" Then it moved onto "referees being put under pressure by managers (Fergie etc) & the media storm etc". When VAR took that away to some extent i was hopefull we would see an end to the dodgy decisions but no.

Now we have the ideal situation to see balance in these decisions.... Close up Video analisys from mutliple angles and not even any home crowds at the moment and yet still the decisions go in favour of the same old clubs way more often than not. This time some unknowns at Stockley Park inventing & reinventing stuff almost weekly to suit. They can manipulate like never before... The Ref at least had the glare of the camera's directly upon him but now they are hidden away miles even from where the game takes place and with zero accountability. So how come the decisions still go in favour, as you admit, of those same few clubs? Surely if they were just "idiots" it would be all over the place with random decisions going for and against all teams? Instead we yet again have the clearly noticeable tilting of these decisions for those same few clubs. This surely shows that amidst the supposed confusion and idiocy there is  still the exact same pattern of where the decisions go. The same clubs yet again benefit. This simply cannot be coincidence and i would suggest is likely now actual evidence emerging after all those years of the helping hand those few clubs enjoy and have enjoyed for so long. 

I don't for a minute suggest it is just an anti-Villa thing. We do seem to get more poor decisions than most but then i'm sure fans of most of the "other" clubs no doubt feel the same. No this is more a "preference to keep certain clubs up there if at all possible" type of thing. 

I am not trying to convince anyone just making my position a bit clearer. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen

On 25/12/2020 at 02:16, QldVilla said:

Most commentators and football broadcasters are like goldfish, they don’t remember what happened 5 minutes ago. They forget that Man City was in the old Div 3 twenty-one years ago, or that Leicester were in League 1 eleven years ago and so on...

So Villa can’t possibly break into the Top 6 and be successful again, it ruins their narrative.

They can like it or not it’s happening 

• Like 1

Â