The NSWE Board

Guest av1

21 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Redeveloping the north stand and filling in those corners would get us to 50,000. More than enough for us for a good long while. 

we still need a small multi storey car park and hotel on the site. Huge Warner that could be, especially for events 

If I were in it for the long haul I would do the Doug Ellis stand too.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2020 at 22:24, markavfc40 said:

That is true mate. I picked Dean out as just being the face of it all really but it obviously goes way beyond him and starts with the owners, down through Purslow, Dean Smith, his coaching team and then the players.

The turnaround has been nothing short of remarkable has it and I think having experienced the lows, and for a club the size of ours the indignity of the 2015/16 season and not even reaching 20 points was arguably an all time low, to then as you say sitting in the Championship and nearly going out of business in the summer of 2018 to now two years later having just beaten the reigning Premier League Champions 7-2 in the league is the stuff of fairy tales. 

Who knows where this all ends and maybe this is as good as it gets. I have a feeling this story has a way to run yet though.

I have an inkling this is just the beginning!

• Like 1

Has any more been said about our owners purchasing additional clubs? I know it was mentioned a few times since they took over but as far as I know nothing has actually happened. 

On 05/10/2020 at 00:01, Okonokos said:

Not all heroes wear capes. They are our heroes, make no mistake about it. We not only have a club in existence thanks to them but a club that is moving forwards in every possible way. They should never have to pay for a drink in Birmingham.

There is a free drinking fountain at St Phillips Cathedral, Temple Row.😀

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

For us non-finance people, how does issuing more shares work if they already own 100% of the company? Wouldn't they just provide a loan?

Correct me if I am wrong - a loan is a liability to the club that you'll have to eventually pay back whilst issuing more shares basically means injecting money into company "in exchange" of more shares, in this case purely injecting money.

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Correct me if I am wrong - a loan is a liability to the club that you'll have to eventually pay back whilst issuing more shares basically means injecting money into company "in exchange" of more shares, in this case purely injecting money.

Got it. Thanks!

31 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

Yes that’s how it works 

Issuing more shares raises money when they are sold (in this case to the tune of £30m) but means there are now more shares in total so every share held then represents a smaller percentage of the company (not that this matters when they own all the shares between the two of them and are also the ones buying the new shares). 

On 05/10/2020 at 00:41, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get it, but I also don't understand it.

What if the original founders of VP never wanted it changed or improved because of sentiment?

History is made, and made again, and again.

Either way, if we get to the point where we are thinking of upgrading/changing, it might not be as big of a worry.

If we want to compete we have to evolve, that doesn't necessarily have to mean losing our soul.

This is something I've never understood either, if it is done tastefully and in the spirit of Aston Villa it has to be a good thing.

If we get to where NWSE envisage then we need a stadium as a business tool to rival the best in the world as a business tool.

It's all about the grass and the noise for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wes bought Majestic Wines earlier this year, he got that base covered 

Didn’t realise this. 

Maybe this is why we are now playing Champagne football? 

On 05/10/2020 at 00:41, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I get it, but I also don't understand it.

What if the original founders of VP never wanted it changed or improved because of sentiment?

History is made, and made again, and again.

Either way, if we get to the point where we are thinking of upgrading/changing, it might not be as big of a worry.

If we want to compete we have to evolve, that doesn't necessarily have to mean losing our soul.

I would genuinely rather us compete in the Premier League and have a lower chance of winning it whilst staying at Villa Park, than selling our soul in the name of money and competing with Petro-states to have more of a chance, but no guarantee, of winning the thing.

I went to Spurs last year, its an amazing stadium, but has no magic (apart from the upside down pints!) Ask West Ham fan about their new stadium. Do you want a plastic bowl like Brighton or Southampton? I guess it essentially comes down to the fact I want to take my son to Villa Park on Saturdays. 

(I'm a romantic, the above probably isn't practical, but I wouldnt swap Villa Park for a trophy). 

• Like 1

Â