Match Thread: Sheff Utd v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Don't know why Bruce thought taking on this crucial season without 1. 2 championship level starting central defenders and 2. Any kind of cover for injuries in the heart of the defense could be anything but suicide

They would have a point if any were defensive!

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The equivalent of corporate sharpening of the knives is happening as we speak, I’d imagine: CEO in touch with the in-house legal team to talk about Bruce’s termination package and the finer details of his payoff. Calderwood will probably go too. Mark Delaney in as caretaker until Henry signs over the international break. 

After turning down Bordeaux, Henri has returned to his post with Belgium, which is, I suspect, just a temporary arrangement. He is currently in a holding pattern over Birmingham Airport waiting for air traffic control to give him permission to land. 

• Like 2

Strikers up front, full backs at full back, wingers on the wing, centre backs at centre back, centre mids at centre mid. Not hard is it? They play in those positions because that’s their position. Square pegs don’t fit it round holes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The equivalent of corporate sharpening of the knives is happening as we speak, I’d imagine: CEO in touch with the in-house legal team to talk about Bruce’s termination package and the finer details of his payoff. Calderwood will probably go too. Mark Delaney in as caretaker until Henry signs over the international break. 

Make my steak and chips even nicer

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

You could sense this happening today. All them negative vibes from Bruce's press conference. He's making good player's look clueless.

Bruce is wank. But so are many of these players he's brought in.

I want Bruce gone, but I have no faith in his successor, whoever it may be. He'll still have to put Nyland, Tuanzebe, Hutton etc. out there.