Christian Purslow

villan-scott

He will not hesitate to axe Gerrard if things continue to go south,. If he does then we will have come away with some very good new players as we look for a new manager/head coach. I would be fine with that.

I would also be delighted for Gerrard to stay and succeed. But Purslow will not hesitate, eh doesn twant to waste another year either. He had a good relationship with deano as well but its business and Purslow knows his job.

• Like 4

In the space of a year he has lost Grealish, signed Ings, sacked Smith, hired Gerrard, increased season ticket prices, increased merchandise prices, sacked another Villa man in Delaney and charged high prices to watch pre season games in a far away time zone

Has not been a good year in my book for him

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Raising tickets prices is fine especially given how high inflation is

Business-wise, yes, but the match going  fans are also suffering under high inflation and the rising cost of living. So it’s a pretty shitty thing from their point-of-view. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In the space of a year he has lost Grealish, signed Ings, sacked Smith, hired Gerrard, increased season ticket prices, increased merchandise prices, sacked another Villa man in Delaney and charged high prices to watch pre season games in a far away time zone

Has not been a good year in my book for him

Now list all the decent stuff that has happened and compare...

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Negotiated the signings of some top 6 level players within our existing wage structure. 

Secured top money for an academy prospect who had a year left and wanted out. 

Secured planning and begun work on a revolutionary inner city academy redevelopment.

Continued advancing the academy of the club and enhancing its reputation as one of the finest in the country showcased by 3 stars of the u-19 Euro midfield. 

Overseen our highest average attended season since the PL began. 

Leading long overdue plans to transform Villa park into a 50,000 seater stadium with 21st Century fan experience and upgraded transport options. 

Handled a £100m sale driven solely by the player and his contract in a professional and transparent manner with the fan base. 

Two can play at this game pal. 

Took us from mid-table in the Championship to mid-table in the Premier League. 

Has overseen the rebuilding of a squad from dregs 3 years ago to one which could potentially challenge for Europe this season.

Has increased our commercial income so we have more transfer funds.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Negotiated the signings of some top 6 level players within our existing wage structure. 

Secured top money for an academy prospect who had a year left and wanted out. 

Secured planning and begun work on a revolutionary inner city academy redevelopment.

Continued advancing the academy of the club and enhancing its reputation as one of the finest in the country showcased by 3 stars of the u-19 Euro midfield. 

Overseen our highest average attended season since the PL began. 

Leading long overdue plans to transform Villa park into a 50,000 seater stadium with 21st Century fan experience and upgraded transport options. 

Handled a £100m sale driven solely by the player and his contract in a professional and transparent manner with the fan base. 

Two can play at this game pal. 

I’d imagine these things are way more important to the bosses than a couple of ‘dud’ appointments. Purslow’s job is to add value to the business. He’s doing a fantastic job at that. Granted, we’ve stagnated a bit football-wise, and they probably won’t tolerate that for long, but taken as a whole, the background stuff can’t really be doubted. 

If Gerrard is sacked, then I highly doubt Purslow will be following him out the door. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I’d imagine these things are way more important to the bosses than a couple of ‘dud’ appointments. Purslow’s job is to add value to the business. He’s doing a fantastic job at that. Granted, we’ve stagnated a bit football-wise, and they probably won’t tolerate that for long, but taken as a whole, the background stuff can’t really be doubted. 

If Gerrard is sacked, then I highly doubt Purslow will be following him out the door. 

and also as part owner of the club he can't be sacked anyway.  He can be bought out of his share by the 2 majority owners.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Business-wise, yes, but the match going  fans are also suffering under high inflation and the rising cost of living. So it’s a pretty shitty thing from their point-of-view. 

That's life. You can't leave ticket prices static when you've 20-30k fans on the waiting list. 

Of course everyone with a season ticket already would prefer the prices never went up. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ender4 said:

and also as part owner of the club he can't be sacked anyway.  He can be bought out of his share by the 2 majority owners.

Of course he could be sacked as CEO. There are plenty of examples of CEOs being the largest shareholders, including in companies they started, and getting pushed out of an operational role.

It is unlikely they would do it without exercising provisions that presumably exist to buy him out first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think if Nas and Wes want him out he’ll be bought out, no problem. I just don’t think that they are even close to considering it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Of course he could be sacked as CEO. There are plenty of examples of CEOs being the largest shareholders, including in companies they started, and getting pushed out of an operational role.

It is unlikely they would do it without exercising provisions that presumably exist to buy him out first.

That's a really good point actually.

Purslow has done a lot of good things and seems very capable of running the business side of things, plus seems to have good ideas like the inner-city academy and the suggested cooperation with Vitoria in Portugal.

I just want him to leave decisions that takes football expertise to others, preferrably a sporting director. Finding a new manager is one such decision, even though he and the board obviously have to agree with the suggestions.

His record at previous clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea, suggests this too.

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Purslow has done a lot of good things and seems very capable of running the business side of things, plus seems to have good ideas like the inner-city academy and the suggested cooperation with Vitoria in Portugal.

I just want him to leave decisions that takes football expertise to others, preferrably a sporting director. Finding a new manager is one such decision, even though he and the board obviously have to agree with the suggestions.

His record at previous clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea, suggests this too.

We having a sporting director... 

Â