Christian Purslow

villan-scott

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I hear he is close to resigning because he wanted to appoint big Sam but he owners went over his head. Literally, they had to stick his head down the loo constantly flushing it telling him THEY were appointing Emery and he's got to put up with it. 

I reiterate, he wanted Big Sam and didn't want Emery.  He's such an idiot. 

I am 100% sure about this too. 

He also took all the staplers in the office home and won’t give them back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/10/2022 at 11:44, rodders0223 said:

So Poch has rejected us. We have nobody lined up. We've approached people that will never sign for us in a million years.

The writing has been on the wall since day 1 of the season.

Purslow has **** it.

And Monday at 2004 we've appointed Unai Emery. 

Scenes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For all those spouting bollocks about Gerrard was never going to be sacked, there was no plan etc. 

Emery hasn't happened in 4 days. No way did we call him out of the blue on Friday morning and start discussions. This will have been going on for a while. He'll have been lined up sometime ago. 

I read somewhere that they knew Gerrard was wrong at the end of last season and allowed him a pre-season, just to see if he could turn it around - might explain why there wasn’t blow out investment in the summer?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For all those spouting bollocks about Gerrard was never going to be sacked, there was no plan etc. 

Emery hasn't happened in 4 days. No way did we call him out of the blue on Friday morning and start discussions. This will have been going on for a while. He'll have been lined up sometime ago. 

In hindsight it certainly looks that way.

So after all the bedwetting his record as a CEO with managers is: Smith (got us promoted, kept us up, got us to Wembley); Gerrard (was bad); Emery (great track record, people seem really excited).

Maybe worth not throwing the baby out with the bathwater just yet…

Edited by Adam2003
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

These photos need context, as that is my face when watching villa during a lull in the action. If it was taken when we scored a goal then that's a different matter! 

When the first goal went in, he went absolutely mental. Arms around Lange, pogoing up and down, the whole works.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â