Christian Purslow

villan-scott

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

You could imagine NSWE telling him that this was his mess, they had stopped it getting any worse but he had to clear it up.

I could imagine Christian Purslow being made of cheese, while we're just fantasising. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

What kind of cheese?

Bolaro Cheese. It doesn't actually exist, I've just made it up but for the purposes of the bizarre unsubstantiated campaign being waged against Purslow for unknown strange reasons.   It will do. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mantis said:

Genuine question: have I missed something - was he opposed to sacking Gerrard and overruled by the owners?

People just believing everything written on the Internet and reinforcing it as fact when nobody knows anything about anything. 

One thing I am absolutely certain about is that for such a key appointment as manger, Purslow, Edens, Sawiris and Lange must have been all in agreement to appoint Gerrard. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

People just believing everything written on the Internet and reinforcing it as fact when nobody knows anything about anything. 

One thing I am absolutely certain about is that for such a key appointment as manger, Purslow, Edens, Sawiris and Lange must have been all in agreement to appoint Gerrard. 

It would be reasonable to assume Purslow's recommendation might carry less weight this time because of going'all in' on Gerrard and getting it spectacularly wrong. 

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

It would be reasonable to assume Purslow's recommendation might carry less weight this time because of going'all in' on Gerrard and getting it spectacularly wrong. 

Nobody knows Purslow went all in on Gerrard. Nobody has a clue how he was appointed. 

Again just a load of Internet rumour that's become fact. 

He might have said to the rest of the board he might be able to get him and Edens and Sawiris fell over themselves with excitement like giddy schoolboys whilst Purslow tried to calm them down for all anyone knows. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I don't think that's reasonable at all. I think we can agree that Sawirus and Edens are both very savvy business men, and I don't doubt they have the capacity to be ruthless too. Along with Purslow himself, they are probably the only two people capable of assessing whether CP is capably delivering on his brief as CEO of their business.

I doubt NSWE would retain a CEO that they couldn't fully trust to do his job - why would they? He's paid a lot of money to make delegated decisions, so if their confidence in him was shaken I'm sure they'd bring someone else in.   

11 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Not sure what this means (I know a lot of people say similar things - so not a dig at you).

If you sack one of the most popular managers the clubs ever had, you'd better not make the next appointment half-arsed. Or 'let's see how the next 6 months go'.
Gerrard could've proved a master stroke - he wasn't. We've moved on. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Cheese is a kind of meat
A tasty yellow beef

Beef mince is actually one of the food items that have gotten cheaper during this period of hyper inflation. I've been thinking about mince all morning and now this. Look out meat isle.

No one is perfect, but I wouldn't really want anyone else as our CEO, he has been unambiguously net-positive for the club, we are iin very capable hands there, and he will have learnt from the Gerrard debacle.

Gerrard was a miss step, and unfortunately was doubled down on by changing direction on the recruitment policy which looks a poor decision despite the quality we have secured unless Emery can wring some performances out of them. On the positive side we do have a decent blend of experience and ages but some balancing remains a task to be completed over the next two windows by Emery. Maybe Lange should be looking to improve his standing at the club, he needs some winners too.

Purslow will definitely navigate his world successfully for himself then the club as they are inextricably linked, he is too canny to be a victim, he will always be the last to go he will always have a fall guy which is why he wouldn't have had too much problem with sacking Gerrard.

• Like 3

Now that his mate/pet project is gone I will reluctantly give him a 2md chance.....Needs to keep his ego in check and stay away from the football side of things

I am guessing he wont be all over Talksport/Sky like he was with the trainee last November

• Like 1

I would have sacked him. 

Gerrard wasn't just a misstep it was a disaster. Unforgivable for me. 

But it's not like I have any say in the matter so it's just an opinion. 

Good lad. I've always rated him.. 

He's done the business here to be fair and you can't ask for anymore, no matter what happens. The Villa curse with managers is strong.

We've got a proven top level elite coach.

It still stings we've wasted millions and time hiring someone who , not even in hindsight, should never have been given the job.

We've got the top level elite mentality coach we have indirectly been promised.

He's done the business. Thank you 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It still stings we've wasted millions and time hiring someone who , not even in hindsight, should never have been given the job.

Someone on VT calculated that Gerrards signing have cost us £170m in transfer fees and wages that we are tied into for the next 4 years. 

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Bolaro Cheese. It doesn't actually exist, I've just made it up but for the purposes of the bizarre unsubstantiated campaign being waged against Purslow for unknown strange reasons.   It will do. 

I've started a # on Twitter to get this trending

#BolaraCheesePurslow

Edited by ender4
  • Haha 1

Â