Christian Purslow

villan-scott

Back to back seasons that are just write offs. 

Potentially another relegation battle. 

An unbalanced squad. Major issues still not fixed. Window seems a mess with desperation links coming in. 

Positivity, goodwill and momentum destroyed in less than 12 months. 

Its not just 1 bad appointment. 

I don't think he should be sacked but he deserves criticism and questioning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He knows what needs to be done and he will do it. 

I don't buy any of the "it's his mate" or "he won't because it's admitting a mistake" arguments. 

Purslow is a ruthless businessman working in a ruthless business.  It's results driven and performance driven and neither are being achieved under Gerrard.  People like Purslow don't deal in sentiment and they don't get hang ups on worrying about if people think they've made mistakes or not. If key people under them aren't performing, heads roll. 

I agree.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't buy any of the "it's his mate" or "he won't because it's admitting a mistake" arguments. 

Purslow is a ruthless businessman working in a ruthless business.  It's results driven and performance driven and neither are being achieved under Gerrard.  People like Purslow don't deal in sentiment and they don't get hang ups on worrying about if people think they've made mistakes or not. If key people under them aren't performing, heads roll. 

I really hope so.

• Like 1

Agree, Gerrard will be gone. Purslow will just say he's disappointed and expected more. He'll also have the board on his back to pull the trigger, they don't like being in the bottom three, an we could be be bottom of the table after the weekend.

I'd say Leicester could be his last game though, lose that and he's 99.9% out of here.

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We'll see.

However, after a good start to last season, this year we have not seen the continuous improvement in results, performances and league position which we have all been looking for. For this reason we have decided to make a change now to allow time for a new head coach to make an impact.

Just saying.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

No one is going to be sacked after losing to Arsenal away or Man city and they shouldn't either. Who is going to come in a settle the ship......big Sam type appointment incoming.

It's not just Arsenal or Man City we have lost to though is it?

Lets not pretend there hasn't been a succession of poor results leading up to this.

The only person to have screwed this up is Gerrard himself and Purslow needs to pull the trigger asap.

The experiment has failed massively.

Edited by AshVilla

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

No one is going to be sacked after losing to Arsenal away or Man city and they shouldn't either. Who is going to come in a settle the ship......big Sam type appointment incoming.

Yeah but it's not just that is it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

Losing to Arsenal and Manchester City hardly tells the full story. The Gerrard appointment has been an unmitigated disaster. He should be gone before the city game. 

• Like 1

Needs to work 24 hours a day and get an elite coach in for Leicester and Southampton because we are in for a relegation fight all season.

You best believe it.

You're not too good to go down and we're a billion miles away from an even remotely competent team.

Â