Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

53 minutes ago, eholm said:

Trying is just not good enough, I'm afraid, Bruce has had a number of weeks. As a CB himself, i find it shocking that Bruce has not brought in cover here.

All you can do is try! Dealing with people is unpredictable at the best of times. 

Anyway, who cares, we'll just score more than everyone else :)

I hope. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

All you can do is try! Dealing with people is unpredictable at the best of times. 

Anyway, who cares, we'll just score more than everyone else :)

I hope. 

The obvious joke is that he doesn't seem to have any trouble finding RB's :trollface:

On a serious note though. He has known about this since the day JT left the club. Now i understand that you can't always get what you want, but aswell as Elphick being allowed to leave, he has also let a couple of young CB's from the youth set up leave so we can't even raid the under 23's. He has left us woefully short. It's not great as it is, should Chester pick up an injury we are really up the creak without a paddle.

It's poor, poor planning. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

The obvious joke is that he doesn't seem to have any trouble finding RB's :trollface:

On a serious note though. He has known about this since the day JT left the club. Now i understand that you can't always get what you want, but aswell as Elphick being allowed to leave, he has also let a couple of young CB's from the youth set up leave so we can't even raid the under 23's. He has left us woefully short. It's not great as it is, should Chester pick up an injury we are really up the creak without a paddle.

It's poor, poor planning. 

Okay, for the first what? 6 weeks, maybe longer after losing JT we didn't even know if we'd have a club come kick off. Then there's been the takeover and all the planning and working out that comes with that. 

He signed tuanzebe, he's tried to sign others that we know of and a whole host more we don't know about I'd wager. Okay, it's not great, I'm not going to argue that and of course, along with others he's culpable for that but I don't think the situation warrants the type of comments we're seeing, yet again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Our front line is scary.

Sadly, so is the defensive.

Welcome Tammy. Our success this season depends on you scoring more than our defence is likely to concede. 

No pressure then. 

Many seem to have this view.

I don’t share it, we are only JT short of last year. And so is every other club.

I think our defence is good enough for what we need.

We shall see !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am still unconvinced by this, I hope I am wrong but as I said at start of thread I feel he has a bit of Carlton Cole about him

I'm not a fan either and certainly not "licking my lips".

I would have liked us to sign Gayle. Such an underrated player and would have been excellent alongside Davis too when he gets back from injury.

Good luck to him though.?

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can he feature tomo? 

I think he would have to have been registered by 12:00 today. 

It's not totally out the question but you think unlikely given that he wasn't announced till after 5pm

I'll never quit understand these windows, but in his interview with the OS he said that he made his mind about Villa a couple of days ago and that JT had already been on the phone to congratulate him. 

If true, why do these bloody things always go to the wire? 

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'll never quit understand these windows, but in his interview with the OS he said that he made his mind about Villa a couple of days ago and that JT had already been on the phone to congratulate him. 

For dramatic effect

18 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Many seem to have this view.

I don’t share it, we are only JT short of last year. And so is every other club.

I think our defence is good enough for what we need.

We shall see !

I think the defence is fine. Just needs to settle in.

What we really need is cutting edge in front of goal.

• Like 1

I don't know why i listen because i think the guy is a plum, but Adrian Durham has just said the following in TS.

'Will Tammy Abraham get a game at Villa This season? Will he even score a goal?

So either:

i) He thinks Abraham is crap

Or

ii) He thinks Kodjia, Hogan and Davis are great strikers. 

I'm going to plump for:

iii) Durham is a prat. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think he would have to have been registered by 12:00 today. 

It's not totally out the question but you think unlikely given that he wasn't announced till after 5pm

BBC reporting he can play against Sheffield United tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Agents negotiating to the bitter end I assume,

Â