Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

No weakness technically. There's wingers who will be playing in the Champions League semis who can't do the things he can.

Just needs more awareness and game management. Hesitancy and belief in himself are the only things holding him back.

When Grealish and McGinn get the ball they're so purposeful in possession. Even if it doesn't go right for them, they're back the next time trying something different or executing the same move better. He needs this in his game and he'll be a flyer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

No weakness technically. There's wingers who will be playing in the Champions League semis who can't do the things he can.

Just needs more awareness and game management. Hesitancy and belief in himself are the only things holding him back.

When Grealish and McGinn get the ball they're so purposeful in possession. Even if it doesn't go right for them, they're back the next time trying something different or executing the same move better. He needs this in his game and he'll be a flyer.

Completely agree.  I also think he's getting that confidence because he's learned to work hard and win the ball back if he doesn't beat his man.  Nobody will knock him if he loses the ball and goes after it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Keep him.  Had another good game today.  One bit of skill in the second half was absolutely outrageous.

That thing that he did was outrageous. I'm not even sure what he did, I think he's joined the elite band of footballers who have invented their own move, The Cruyff Turn, The Ellis Overhead, The El Ghazi Switch. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

That thing that he did was outrageous. I'm not even sure what he did, I think he's joined the elite band of footballers who have invented their own move, The Cruyff Turn, The Ellis Overhead, The El Ghazi Switch. 

Sadly it's an already established move, albeit not one we see often.  It was a favourite of the original Ronaldo, and goes by the name "Elastico"...

• Like 1

When El Ghazi and Grealish are both on their game, we have relentless attacking on our left flank. It wears defenders down when they're under pressure all the time. At the moment this is the most enjoyable part of our game.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

links up well with Taylor which has gone a bit unnoticed. Taylor is even getting more confident going forward

Was really noticeable on the highlights from the Bolton game.

He was making runs deep into the attacking half all the time, and a couple of months ago he was scared to cross the halfway line.

Still want an upgrade on him in the summer, but nice to see development.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Was really noticeable on the highlights from the Bolton game.

He was making runs deep into the attacking half all the time, and a couple of months ago he was scared to cross the halfway line.

Still want an upgrade on him in the summer, but nice to see development.

yes was a game a few weeks ago he even had a shot 😂

an upgrade is required

• Like 1

Just now, screwdriver said:

If we can get him for about 4m it would be worth buying him. where I was standing against bolton it was thought he was running straight at me, he looked like christiano ronaldo  the way he moves and his skills

From what I remember when we loaned him there was a 2m loan fee and another 6m  to make it permanent.

• Like 2

The degree to which he’s upped his game, especially in the last month, is testament to his natural ability and work ethic, which really looks like it’s been tapped into properly now.

If ( if) he continues on the upward trajectory he’s on we will have one heck of a player.

Love watching him.

The key, in my view, is that with him, Jack, and McGinn so dangerous, none of them can now properly be double marked.

Loving it.

• Like 2

Is he good, yes very good when he's on his game, is he consistent, no.

Hopefully DS can get the best out of him on a regular basis, DS mentioned in a recent interview that he has spoken to el Ghazi about consistency, which is good stuff.

If all on their game the trio of Grealish, Mcginn and El Ghazi is nasty as hell, all we need is a right winger / right Inside forward on their level and it would be one hell of a forward line.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I can’t help wondering, so if anyone knows,.......who scouted him and McGinn ? We were a Club in crisis yet somehow we found these two ?

He was highly rated at Ajax a few years back - sums of £15-20 mill were spoken about (he's already scored in the CL away to Barcelona).  So he wouldn't have been a complete unknown, but it was still a great bit of business to get him in. 

I'd like to credit Bruce for El Ghazi and McGinn, but after a promising debut, Bruce seemed to lose faith in him. 

Another reason why it is imperative we get up this year. It would be great to see if he is as effective in the top flight. 

There is always an element of inconsistency with wingers generally.....Sir Alf knew that, thats why he played without them......Dean is just trying to get " more" consistency from him, which is great....talented player.

Â