Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

39 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Nah, he's very quick tbf - often outpaces the FB marking him.

Yup didn't realise how quick he was.

Along with his overall improvement seems his strength and explosiveness have come along too.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd say the only resemblance between him and Ronaldo is his hair cut and his poise, when he's standing over the ball :lol:  

For me, he's a winger, more in the mould of Joaquin, where he's not incredibly fast, but he has quick feet and a trick or two he likes to rely on.  He cuts inside more than Joaquin used to, but that's because it's a modern thing and Joaquin was played on the right, and was right footed. Nedved was a good shout actually. 

He's got a nice cross on him at the moment, and his in-swinging crosses are like Ashley Youngs used to be back in the day.  They have a curl and pace on them, rather than a more floaty cross like Adomah's, these are more effective if you can beat the first man, and don't have the tallest strikers. 

What he's doing really well at the moment is choosing the right thing to do.  I like the way he pauses to allow Taylor to create space for him to either pass to him, or use Taylors run past him  to come inside.  If you're against a full back who has a lazy winger in front of him, it's always 2 v 1 and you'll rain crosses in all day long.  

I like the way he's not overly concerned about picking a corner when shooting, but uses the "Ronaldo" shooting technique of "balling" the ball straight, causing drift which with the newer balls makes the ball move, meaning the keepers can rarely catch, but they have to palm the ball away - again, meaning we have the ball bouncing around their box (we've scored a few goals following up at the back post lately).   He goes for hitting the target rather than missing the target, useful for powerful shots outside the box. 

We really need him to keep this form up, which is obviously the risk you get with wingers - here's hoping his hot streak continues (maybe broken up with a rest) which will mean he can really contribute towards us getting promoted! :) 

A bit weird considering with the ball, he is probably one of the fastest players dribbling with the ball at his feet. 

Look at when he outpaced the defender a few weeks back from the half way line. Gave him a 5/10 yard heads start and still went past him. 

I though El Ghazi was poor at first, after the first half-dozen games or so I didn't rate his performances and thought he would not make it. I even christened him El Khazi because I thought he was toilet! How wrong was I???? He has come on leaps and bounds under Smith and I am very very happy to have been wrong about him. This humble pie is delicious and I salute you sir.

• Like 3

For me he looks like a player that thrives in a team that are on a good run of form , not sure how he would react if we are in prem league and lost few games in row , maybe I'm being harsh but think he might down tools 

He is worth it as a squad player, similar to Green on the right, they give us options to stretch the play and occupy defenders. Pace and a trick always finds a place, but maybe not all game and every game. I think he has the ability with a decent run to improve, I don’t see what’s not to like at this price in this day and age.

On 15/04/2019 at 13:12, bannedfromHandV said:

Defo should sign permanently if we're offered the chance....

Until Defoe retires we will always be linked with him I suppose

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, he was very average for a period, and genuinely bad in a few games, especially in the festive period.

I’d say the whole team was though, Tbf. During that particular period. 

Edited by Tayls

Â