Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

When Smith came in, i am not sure if he couldn't track back or was just not part of his game. Since then he has worked on it and is good team player 

I think we be crazy not to make it a permanent deal, he is still young and has more to offer plus he has happily bought into Smith ideas

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Yeah I’d be happy to keep him for £6m, shown enough and he is improving under Dean Smith imo

No way would I take him at 6m. Half that, maybe. 6m is a ridiculous amount to spend on a player in this league, especially without parachute payments. 

He's got very good talent, but his decision making is the big area for improvement, he needs to sharpen that up and learn when to play the simple ball and not hold on to it. Overall, I'd be more than happy for us to sign him regardless of the level we're at, there's a lot to work with there and he could be a really good player for us with a few adjustments.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobzy said:

Just getting better and better.  The pull back for Abraham first half (which Abraham didn't anticipate at all) was superb.  His attitude when he loses the ball is so good, too.  Lost out to Saville at one point, just hunted him down and won it back.

I thought he was great today and fully deserved his goal.

That really annoyed me. The commentator said it was a bad ball by him when in reality Abraham just didn't read the pull back

It's funny how Courtney Hause said in his post match interview that no one needed to tell el ghazi how good he was cos he already knew that. Yet we reckon he needs more confidence. I think it's maybe just the nature of his role that some stuff will come off and look awesome and sometimes he will lose the ball. It's a high risk/ high reward position after all. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

So as he has no mention yet it must mean he tracked back well?, controlled the ball well for the assist and generally did a decent job?

I thought he was quality today. Liked that he drifted in with Jack drifting out. 

On 20/03/2019 at 08:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone else think he looks and runs like Ronaldo? 

I've said exactly the same to me son

I definitely think he is worth acquiring on a permanent deal, whether we go up or not. Still young (23), has a decent return of goals and assists, skilful, pacey, strong and tall as well so could potentially play more central at times. He is still very inconsistent but I think he will add consistency, this is his first season in England. I have a lot more faith that Smith will develop young players at this club and improve them, unlike when Bruce was in charge (Jack being the exception).

56 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I definitely think he is worth acquiring on a permanent deal, whether we go up or not. Still young (23), has a decent return of goals and assists, skilful, pacey, strong and tall as well so could potentially play more central at times. He is still very inconsistent but I think he will add consistency, this is his first season in England. I have a lot more faith that Smith will develop young players at this club and improve them, unlike when Bruce was in charge (Jack being the exception).

Bruce did great things for Jack last season but look at how he was wasting him away at the start of this one.

Furthermore he wouldn't even put El Ghazi in his match day squads at all.

Â