Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

I wish we could clone him and then just stick him out on the right, we'd be absolutely set out wide then. He was absolutely fantastic today, direct, skillful, pacey and putting in dangerous balls. 

Make sure we get this deal permanent in the summer.

• Like 3

Very good performance today. Beat his man numerous times and delivered good ball s into the box. Every time he gets a shot off he is forcing the keeper to make a save. Did make me laugh when he tried a free kick with the Ronaldo technique. He really does model his game on him.

Another assist, very good at this level, I tipped him to become one of the very best in the league at the start of the season and whilst he has certainly not lived up to my hype he has never the less become one our best players. Please sign him up!

Improving all the time, looks like he can play in the prem, not sure of the asking price but I hear its around 6 Million, we should snap him up for that money considering the s**t we've blew cash on. 

A classic example of a young foreign player who clearly had ability but took time to learn the league and find consistency. 

He's seems to have found it an absolutely perfect time. He's had so many good efforts cutting in from the right recently and been a bit unlucky. Said to my old man yesterday that I'm expecting a rocket to burst the net at Wembley. 

Slowly becoming one of my favourite players in this squad, as people have mentioned he is growing into his role and starting to show some of the flair that we have missed on the wings for years. The left hand side of the pitch is devastating with El Ghazi and Taylor linking up so well and Grealish being a pass away. If only our right side was up to the same standard this team would be frightening.

El Ghazi's added tracking back to his game, he's losing the fear of losing the ball whilst taking on a full back and Taylor overlapping him is now giving him the option to cut inside at will. For 6 million we should be snapping him up as soon as possible, players like El Ghazi are what the club need's, able to be improved by our coaching staff, add re-sale value whilst delivering an end product on the pitch.

Keep it up Gaz

What @sne has said. When we signed him there was reference to an option to buy (which appears in Football Manager as well, not that it should be taken as gospel). I think the figure of £6 million is what has been stated and if so, absolute bargain in this day and age. 

Whilst he can have off days, his form over the last 10 games (like many other players) has been outstanding and should definitely be part of the team next season which ever league we are in. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Another assist, very good at this level, I tipped him to become one of the very best in the league at the start of the season and whilst he has certainly not lived up to my hype he has never the less become one our best players. Please sign him up!

I'd say he's not very far off right now. His first touch is, unff. The rest ain't too bad either. I think there's more in him too. 

Everything he does lately turns into gold. Even if it doesn't it gets bums out of seats. I feel like I've been waiting 20 years for a winger like him.

I'd say the only resemblance between him and Ronaldo is his hair cut and his poise, when he's standing over the ball :lol:  

For me, he's a winger, more in the mould of Joaquin, where he's not incredibly fast, but he has quick feet and a trick or two he likes to rely on.  He cuts inside more than Joaquin used to, but that's because it's a modern thing and Joaquin was played on the right, and was right footed. Nedved was a good shout actually. 

He's got a nice cross on him at the moment, and his in-swinging crosses are like Ashley Youngs used to be back in the day.  They have a curl and pace on them, rather than a more floaty cross like Adomah's, these are more effective if you can beat the first man, and don't have the tallest strikers. 

What he's doing really well at the moment is choosing the right thing to do.  I like the way he pauses to allow Taylor to create space for him to either pass to him, or use Taylors run past him  to come inside.  If you're against a full back who has a lazy winger in front of him, it's always 2 v 1 and you'll rain crosses in all day long.  

I like the way he's not overly concerned about picking a corner when shooting, but uses the "Ronaldo" shooting technique of "balling" the ball straight, causing drift which with the newer balls makes the ball move, meaning the keepers can rarely catch, but they have to palm the ball away - again, meaning we have the ball bouncing around their box (we've scored a few goals following up at the back post lately).   He goes for hitting the target rather than missing the target, useful for powerful shots outside the box. 

We really need him to keep this form up, which is obviously the risk you get with wingers - here's hoping his hot streak continues (maybe broken up with a rest) which will mean he can really contribute towards us getting promoted! :) 

• Like 1

Â