Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

15 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He did twist his arms to get away though didn't he? I agree the linesman shouldn't have said something happened that didn't happen, but I can understand if he got tricked by the movement of hands and shoulders. What's imperative is that they realize the mistake and rescind that bullshit. 

Which means he didn't clearly see contact being made, in which case he simply guessed and that is dangerous. 

Thank God for the appeals process. 

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Stressed as I don't trust the EFL to do anything right.

I share your scepticism, the EFL are a joke but that has to get overturned.

40 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

What SHOULD happen is the red for ElGhazi gets rescinded, and Bamford receives a 2game ban for simulation. 

Genuine question because I don't know, do the ELF have the power to do that? I know there is a rule that allows retrospective action with regards to deception when diving, is it limited to diving or does that fall underneath a bigger umbrella of deception?

A ban for Bamford would certainly weaken Leeds. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I know it's the EFL but I really can't see them upholding the ban, especially after the media attention. They'd be seen as condoning cheating and simulation if they did, and they know that too.

Micky taking of the EFL aside, there’s enough video footage of Bamford’s cheating to overturn El Ghazi’s red and charge Bamford with an offence, namely ‘successful deception of a match official’ which was introduced last season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

I know it's the EFL but I really can't see them upholding the ban, especially after the media attention. They'd be seen as condoning cheating and simulation if they did, and they know that too.

This is the EFL that have still not taken any serious action for a Villa player assaulted on the pitch. dont hold your breath

13 hours ago, brommy said:

Micky taking of the EFL aside, there’s enough video footage of Bamford’s cheating to overturn El Ghazi’s red and charge Bamford with an offence, namely ‘successful deception of a match official’ which was introduced last season.

Trouble is Bamford got booked (for something, god knows what) so the EFL will probs be able to say he already got punished for his part in the incident. So long as AEG’s red card is rescinded I’ll be happy.

Â