Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Strangely, if we got promoted I would take a punt on him for the £8m or so.

If we don't get promoted I wouldn't. He would represent a significant investment and there are just way, way, way too much questions marks against him for me.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Strangely, if we got promoted I would take a punt on him for the £8m or so.

If we don't get promoted I wouldn't. He would represent a significant investment and there are just way, way, way too much questions marks against him for me.

I hope we sign him but it’s for an undisclosed fee so we can judge him on his ability rather than based on what we paid for him.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Fast becoming one of my favourite players.

In some way's I don't think he realises how good he could be. He needs to become a bit more direct, run at fullbacks and cut inside a bit more for shots on goal.

He has bags of tricks in the locker that he can use to unlock defences which he has shown flashes of.

I think he’s great. I really like him. No winger will do everything right. But for the rest of this season I think Abraham-McGinn-El Ghazi-Grealish is a top quality line up, then the other one/two players in that front 5/6 can vary depending on situation and I’ll be happy.

He was very good today. If he plays like that consistently he'll be hard to drop for anyone.

If he sorts out the one thing I have seen from him repeatedly and have frequently got irked by, being too timid in the tackle for a big bloke, he'll play every game he's fit.

• Like 1

Given him loads of stick this season but he was brilliant today, cross after brilliant cross. Only black mark was a lazy lay off to Taylor before the Bristol goal.

If he brings this form to play offs we'll go up. Vital we have more attacking players in form other than Jack as last year Adomah and Snodgrass dipped at end of the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Given him loads of stick this season but he was brilliant today, cross after brilliant cross. Only black mark was a lazy lay off to Taylor before the Bristol goal.

If he brings this form to play offs we'll go up. Vital we have more attacking players in form other than Jack as last year Adomah and Snodgrass dipped at end of the season.

Pretty much entirely agree with this. I thought some of his performances earlier in the season were truly dreadful, but he seems to have massively come into his own during this run and he's making me eat some humble pie. 

• Like 1

His best game for us today I think.  Everytime he got the ball it felt like something was going to happen. 

He's changed my opinion.  I am on record on here saying I wouldn't buy him but he's improved massively.  I think we should buy him now. He's only going to get better. 

Â