Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

Just now, lapal_fan said:

It's getting stupid in here.

So I'll join in.

Jack Grealish (I'm not gonna call him Mike Klubb, because I'm not retarded) scored 29 league goals in 185 apps.

Anwar has scored 20 in 90 apps.

So I guess he must be a bigger goal threat than Jack in a like for like scenario. 

Jack didn't take penalties either, because he's not as good at them as Anwar.

Ergo, Anwar is better than Jack Grealish. 

👏👏👏

25 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think it was a fairly poor decision from the manager to start him over Philogene.

He was poor in pre-season and poor first game...shock, he was poor again, our worst player.

Doesn't seem to be sensible keeping him there IMO.

I love having him on the pitch when we get a penalty, that's great fun, huge confidence in him in that one scenario. We don't get pens every week.

Actually so far we have 😃😃

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's getting stupid in here.

So I'll join in.

Jack Grealish (I'm not gonna call him Mike Klubb, because I'm not retarded) scored 29 league goals in 185 apps.

Anwar has scored 20 in 90 apps.

So I guess he must be a bigger goal threat than Jack in a like for like scenario. 

Jack didn't take penalties either, because he's not as good at them as Anwar.

Ergo, Anwar is better than Jack Grealish. 

Well I'd certainly take £100m for him. Good times !!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So after providing the facts you asked for your are now playing semantics with my words. The implication is he does nothing for the team, I disagree. I have provided my proof and my facts and to counter all I see are opinions with little substance.

He won't be sold and he will play his part in our squad, and that is sensible.

No, it's not. The argument is that he does nothing for the team other than score goals

That'd be fine if he were a striker, in a role where that's all that's really required of you. As a LW, I don't think it's enough. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YLN said:

For JPB, read Barry Bannan. Yes different players, but Bannan was thought of very highly when he started featuring for the first team. 

The idea of relying on a youth prospect to replace a 10 goal PL winger is nuts. 

It's like stopping going to work because you bought a scratchcard and you might win £10,000

AEG contract still has two years to run. So by then we should know whether JPB is ready to step up. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

AEG contract still has two years to run. So by then we should know whether JPB is ready to step up. 

Be a shame for him to leave for nothing. I’d accept any reasonable offer this summer and reinvest it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No, it's not. The argument is that he does nothing for the team other than score goals

That'd be fine if he were a striker, in a role where that's all that's really required of you. As a LW, I don't think it's enough. 

10 goals from 28 appearances last season as someone who isnt a striker, he's our leading scorer since returning to the PL. This isn't good enough for you, gotcha...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

10 goals from 28 appearances last season as someone who isnt a striker, he's our leading scorer since returning to them PL. This isn't good enough for you, gotcha...

It's not, no. 4 of them were penalties and he had 0 assists. He has other jobs to do in the role that he plays and I don't think he does them anywhere near well enough. 

• Haha 2

JBP was good in a meaningless pre-season friendly though, where it'll be pretty obvious to almost anybody watching that, as a youngster being given an opportunity, you'd bust your nut to impress - whereas if you're already established, you kind of realise that a friendly is an opportunity to get some minutes in a game scenario, but you'll be saving yourself for when the season starts proper.

But nah, let's start the kid, because he CAN'T POSSIBLY be any worse than someone who scored 10 prem goals last year - it's LITERALLY impossible.  

In fact, we may as well play with 10.  He didn't have one good touch (APART FROM HIS PENALTY), he mis-controlled absolutely everything, he misplaced every pass, he didn't walk or run just an absolute terrible, terrible footballer.  I'd be better than him, an overweight 34 year old man. 

lots of love,

The kind of person who says he/she had the entire room rolling on the floor with laughter and all their trousers fell off because he/she told a "why did the chicken cross the road joke" one time. 

Check your adjectives, you look like someone that got an E in English. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

JBP was good in a meaningless pre-season friendly though, where it'll be pretty obvious to almost anybody watching that, as a youngster being given an opportunity, you'd bust your nut to impress - whereas if you're already established, you kind of realise that a friendly is an opportunity to get some minutes in a game scenario, but you'll be saving yourself for when the season starts proper.

But nah, let's start the kid, because he CAN'T POSSIBLY be any worse than someone who scored 10 prem goals last year - it's LITERALLY impossible.  

In fact, we may as well play with 10.  He didn't have one good touch (APART FROM HIS PENALTY), he mis-controlled absolutely everything, he misplaced every pass, he didn't walk or run just an absolute terrible, terrible footballer.  I'd be better than him, an overweight 34 year old man. 

lots of love,

The kind of person who says he/she had the entire room rolling on the floor with laughter and all their trousers fell off because he/she told a "why did the chicken cross the road joke" one time. 

Check your adjectives, you look like someone that got an E in English. 

Well that certainly addressed the 'It's getting stupid in here' problem you were talking about. 👍

26 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Bit like Hourihane for me. Amazing signing for the money spent. You can’t argue that he has contributed immensely to us considering the shit we’ve had over the last 10 years. However, we are outgrowing him and his ability. Fine for the squad for now but we need better to progress.

It really is as simple as this. 

AEG is a stop gap until JPB is ready. For £7m he's done way better than most £7m players. 

What's annoying is players like Kamada cost their respective clubs £3m approx. However he spent a season on loan and became effective as he has done in the last 2 seasons.

The point - JPB probably is a bit too naive to be thrown in as a tough crowd might dent his confidence if he doesn't score with his 3rd touch.

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

This process is now known as the El Ghazi Factor (EGF). 

We could rate other players according to their anticipated El Ghazi Factor (xEGF) rating: so, Nakamba, probably 0.75 on the xEGF. Douglas Luiz? Maybe 0.6xEGF? Watkins: 0.1xEGF.

Funny how the xEGF changes once we have signed a player: Sanson, for example: *folks watch YT video of the guy* = 0.000000001xEGF. *Sanson signs then gets injury* = 0.8xEGF. 

Sanson doesn't play for a month because of said injury = 0,2xEGF

• Haha 1

Whilst it's clear he if we're going to start a CL group game any time soon AEG won't be in the starting XI. He's been great for us, and not just in the Championship. His penalty taking is unreal, handles pressure better than almost anyone I've seen in a Villa shirt. It's uncanny, there could be exploding elephants raining down and lava pissing up through the grass around the penalty box and he'd still not be phased and score.

• Like 2

Â