Anwar El Ghazi

Villan4Life

He was great 1st half some good old fashioned wing play, couple of good cross's and a shot that loris spilled but I don't remember him doing much after the break.

and sods law when hot n cold Gazi is luke warm and gets subbed the replacement hot and cold winger is sub zero!

19 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

He was great 1st half some good old fashioned wing play, couple of good cross's and a shot that loris spilled but I don't remember him doing much after the break.

and sods law when hot n cold Gazi is luke warm and gets subbed the replacement hot and cold winger is sub zero!

He was ok first half, not great. Missed another clear cut chance to score. This guy really frustrates me. Looks good in flashes. Has talent, but decision making and teamwork let him down. Also goes missing when the going gets tough.

Edited by Philosopher

5 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

8 yards out in front of goal nodded down to him by sammatta I think.

Ah right thought you  meant first half. Yes was a decent chance, either side it's a goal. We did actually score two minutes later so not as crucial a miss as the sitters we had first half.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ah right thought you  meant first half. Yes was a decent chance, either side it's a goal. We did actually score two minutes later so not as crucial a miss as the sitters we had first half.

When you lose by a single goal every miss matters. Tottenham missed a hateful too. They kept getting in with almost every ball over the top or in behind, atrocious.

6 hours ago, Philosopher said:

He was ok first half, not great. Missed another clear cut chance to score. This guy really frustrates me. Looks good in flashes. Has talent, but decision making and teamwork let him down. Also goes missing when the going gets tough.

I agree. He has all the physical attributes to make it but mentally he is not there yet. He could start by actually putting in a shift every week. He is so lazy at times it drives me mental. Jack is three times the player AEG will ever be and he still works 10 times as hard!

Seems fair to mention amongst all this talk of missed opportunities etc that he gave us the first goal. Beat his man well, great run and pinpoint cross. If not an own goal, Samatta has it on a plate. The squad isn’t over endowed with ability like this and I wonder who his doubters would replace him with on that wing.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Seems fair to mention amongst all this talk of missed opportunities etc that he gave us the first goal. Beat his man well, great run and pinpoint cross. If not an own goal, Samatta has it on a plate. The squad isn’t over endowed with ability like this and I wonder who his doubters would replace him with on that wing.

I don’t mean to belittle his contribution, I really like him...

but the ‘pin point cross’ was actually a huge deflection off their fullback. 

2 hours ago, Thug said:

I don’t mean to belittle his contribution, I really like him...

but the ‘pin point cross’ was actually a huge deflection off their fullback. 

I wouldn’t call it a huge deflection.

Edited by briny_ear

His overall contribution is poor and his defensive qualities are zero. Yet i like him, but We are in a relegation scrap and he is a luxury that needs to be sacrificed.

For the final 12 games we need a lot more than he offers and i would not play any wingers in the last 12 games. We need scrappers, players who can roll their sleeves up and dig in and he is not one of them.

18 hours ago, imavillan said:

His overall contribution is poor and his defensive qualities are zero. Yet i like him, but We are in a relegation scrap and he is a luxury that needs to be sacrificed.

For the final 12 games we need a lot more than he offers and i would not play any wingers in the last 12 games. We need scrappers, players who can roll their sleeves up and dig in and he is not one of them.

Bruce is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, imavillan said:

I agree that his overall contribution is fairly poor, especially over the course of the season, but right now I think he has to play.

He's a better footballer than Trezeguet and we don't have any other options. I can see him being dropped when McGinn is back as I quite like the idea of McGinn and Grealish playing just behind Samatta. 

On 16/02/2020 at 19:31, Philosopher said:

8 yards out in front of goal nodded down to him by sammatta I think.

You mean the one that was behind him that he had to hit on the half volley because it was basically knee height? Most players would have shanked that. Hardly a clear cut chance.

• Like 1

Â